News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Converting IkonForum to SMF 2.0

Started by MadamCaptain, December 19, 2015, 02:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadamCaptain

The inevitable finally happened.  My webhost updated the MySQL databases beyond the capability of my IkonForum to use them...at least that's what I think happened.  My research found a couple of examples where the SMF IkonBoard converter was used successfully with IkonForum so I've installed SMF version 2.0 and attempted to use the IkonBoard converter.  It ran for a couple of seconds and I got the following error message:

Step 1
Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (last_login)

I don't really care if the member list is converted as it's a free information board and re-registration is not the end of the world.  I have some older backed up databases on my hard drive.  Anyone know how I can import some of the data/posts into SMF 2?  Or a fix for the converter?

margarett

Hello

That's a common problem in converters. The origin format isn't what the converter expects so it fails. You can fix that by replacing
LAST_ACTIVITY AS last_login,
With
0 AS last_login,
(thus losing the member's last login time/date)

But unfortunately I think that you'll find more issues like this :(
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

MadamCaptain

Thanks!  I'll look into this and see if I can figure out how to change the code.

margarett

Just edit the .sql file with a text editor ;)
Notepad++ is a great choice
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: