News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

ImagesOnBoard2.0_up.zip won't install

Started by antler, December 29, 2015, 11:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antler

I have SMF 2.0.11 installed on my forum and have had for some time. When I attempt to install ImagesOnBoard2.0_up.zip The Package Manager gives me the following:  The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

br360

Take a look at this link if you want to install a mod that wont install with your version- http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_can_I_install_a_mod_that_doesn't_work_in_my_SMF_version

***Edit- The link I posted above usually works, but I just checked the mod you want to install and it is really old, and probably won't install cleanly without a lot of love.

If you are looking for board icons; take a look at these mods that will work on your version-

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3604
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=511

antler

ver. 2.0_up should equal Ver. 2.0.11   why would I need to emulate  a lower ver.? Of course there is a possibility that logic would not apply. I guess it leaves me asking what version I would emulate?

I looked those suggestions and they do not do what I want to do. I don't want to mess with the default board images. I want to be able to add an image as part of the board name/title.

Illori

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

Quote from: antler on December 30, 2015, 02:08:39 AM
ver. 2.0_up should equal Ver. 2.0.11   why would I need to emulate  a lower ver.? Of course there is a possibility that logic would not apply. I guess it leaves me asking what version I would emulate?

we have no control over how a mod author names or numbers his mods.
in this case, if you look at the "supported versions" of the images on board mod, you will note that the latest version supported by that mod is 2.0 RC1-1
I can almost guarantee that the images on board mod will *NOT* work with 2.0.x - since there were MAJOR changes in the code between the RC1-1 release and 2.0 gold release

However, as already documented, above and in your original thread where you asked the same question -- you don't actually need a mod -- just some CSS.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

antler

Quote from: Steve on December 30, 2015, 10:36:15 AM
Quote from: Illori on December 30, 2015, 05:27:43 AM
then you dont need a mod at all. take a look at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=539000.0

We've already been through this: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=541960.0

Correct and that is not what I want/need  I want an image in the title block of my boards. deifferent image or each board and it remains there and does not go on or off.

antler

Quote from: Kindred on December 30, 2015, 10:41:05 AM
Quote from: antler on December 30, 2015, 02:08:39 AM

we have no control over how a mod author names or numbers his mods.
in this case, if you look at the "supported versions" of the images on board mod, you will note that the latest version supported by that mod is 2.0 RC1-1
I can almost guarantee that the images on board mod will *NOT* work with 2.0.x - since there were MAJOR changes in the code between the RC1-1 release and 2.0 gold release

However, as already documented, above and in your original thread where you asked the same question -- you don't actually need a mod -- just some CSS.

Kindred, I want a permanent image included at the beginning or end of each board title.  not an on/off indicator of posts or other actions. If it can't be done, then so be it.

antler

Illori

Quote from: antler on December 30, 2015, 03:29:51 PM
Quote from: Illori on December 30, 2015, 05:27:43 AM
then you dont need a mod at all. take a look at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=539000.0

Please don't send me or anyone to something that is not recommended.

you dont tell us exactly what you want, we give you a reply with a suggestion that will do something to help you.

also please dont tell us not to help people. we are all volunteers and not mind readers. we cannot tell what people want without details. you have not given us all the details we need.

you really should not add an image to the board title as that will mess up other places that show the board title like when you move topics from one board to another.

Kindred

the linked topic clearly states how to have individual images added to appear after the board description
not the on/off image...   that is handled by either of the linked mods...
but the linked post above shows how to use CSS to accomplish what you are asking.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bigguy

Antler, this is what you want. An image next to the board name or next to the description. Instead of a mod though they are offering you a css edit that is better. It's a good deal. ;)

antler

Quote from: Bigguy on December 30, 2015, 09:11:08 PM
Antler, this is what you want. An image next to the board name or next to the description. Instead of a mod though they are offering you a css edit that is better. It's a good deal. ;)
I looked at it and don't understand how to use it.

Bigguy

The edits you quoted in the other thread are to be placed in a file called index.css. All that needs done is changing the board id (which we went over) and adding an image. I can help if you like. :)

Steve

The only thing is, he wants a different image for each of his boards. That means duplicating the code for however many boards he has, right?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

yes, of course....  but since each board has a different ID, it is relatively simple.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: