Problems with the directory to upload files

Started by RemyFls, January 20, 2016, 03:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemyFls

Good community SMF

I had a migration of a domain forum to give the URL .COM, is that there has been a problem with the board during migration, attachments and avatars to upload files. Get this message when trying to upload a picture from my computer:

An error has occurred!
It can not be written to the directory for uploading attachments. Your attachment or avatar can not be saved

Help me please, I am beginner and SMF forums will then publish my new forum

Thank you

Text formatting removed - Iris.

Irisado

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Kindred

How about give us some specific details rather than generic, useless url .com

what WAS your site?
what is the new URL?

When you moved the files, did you move all of the directories?
After you moved the files, did you reset all of the paths and urls to the new location?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

RemyFls

the current URL is hxxp:www.fantasilandiafreeroam.com [nonactive], the old URL was hxxp:www.fantasilandiafreeroam.esy.es [nonactive] yesterday all files moved the forum but the error appeared today

Ninja ZX-10RR

Make sure your folders are writable, 755 permissions on avatar and attachments folders. Actually, 755 permissions for all folders and 644 for files, it's easier to set them up if you use an FTP program such as FileZilla.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

so, you moved all your files and folders...

DID YOU RESET THE SETTINGS to point to the new locations?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

RemyFls

the truth is that there is no FTP programming, there would be some form of data and restore the default settings of the forum? obviously supporting all boards
Do you think fix this problem?

Kindred

you still have not answered the question...

Quote from: Kindred on January 20, 2016, 07:25:03 PM
DID YOU RESET THE SETTINGS to point to the new locations?

You have not given an actual "YES" or "NO" answer... but from your lack of answer, I am going to assume not...
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php

upload and run repair_settings.php and correct the paths and URLs to your directories.
Слaва
Украинi

Ninja ZX-10RR

Yes Remy, don't make Kindred mad, you ignored him 3 times already :P You really need to check if the paths are correct, and when you are checking that, also check the permissions I mentioned, as too low permissions won't allow the directory to be writable and as such avatars/attachments won't be saved properly - it's not much different from Windows, if a folder is read-only, the programs won't be able to save stuff into it.

For how to setup and FTP account you need to talk to your host, while how to use FileZilla it's very easy, google it a bit, it's all freeware and fairly easy to figure out :) If, however, the FTP doesn't work, you need to talk to your host yet again.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: