News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Personal message count not in navigation

Started by Circa, January 30, 2016, 10:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Circa

Hi, another problem. I think this happened after upgrading to 2.0.11 or .10 (can't remember exactly), the number doesn't show for new personal messages in the navigation bar on any theme I'm using. I have the Mentions mod installed and those show fine (they show a number next to the Profile tab), but the PM count does not show.

Any ideas? I figured I did something in my theme but it doesn't work in any theme. I haven't tried installing a new theme yet, should I do that to test it?

Kindred

it is not done by theme... the "insertion" is done in subs.php, just after the menu array
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Circa

Quote from: Kindred on January 30, 2016, 11:07:15 AM
it is not done by theme... the "insertion" is done in subs.php, just after the menu array

Ah. Actually, that helped. I knew that already for the most part, but it was confirmation for me. I downloaded a fresh SMF install and compared the two. I was missing that whole part regarding total unread PMs for some strange reason.

Cheers. :)

Advertisement: