News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Need a REAL popup mod...

Started by milsou, February 01, 2016, 10:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

::)  Just had to ask AFTER I released version 1.0.1, didn't ya?!   :P  Yeah, I can implement that in this mod. 

The Customization Team also wrote me and told me that how this mod does the HTML is a BIG security risk. So I am going to rewrite the HTML content so that it uses bbcode instead....  It'll eliminate a file in the mod, but add more content to output in the page, but I can probably save some processing time by parsing the bbcode and storing it in the settings table....   :-[

Westwegoman

Sounds good. I didn't think of the permissions until I got to playing around with it.

Thanks for the great mods!!

Portugal

Now works good :) I was tested, but i will go to implement soon o my forum, but i see a possibile bug, on my case (using responsive theme) it made some changes to size of screen, i think it reduces de definition.... its possibile?? I see the fonts biggers as a normal... :) I need to see it better.... :)
If its possibile to configure to show only to certain groups on our forums... well will be the must smf mod :)

Thanks for your great work

dougiefresh

@Portugal: What responsive theme are you using?  I'm assuming that I can download it from the SMF website, correct?

Portugal

Hi,

Yes its from SMF. Theme is "Exodus"

Quote from: dougiefresh on March 22, 2016, 05:18:26 PM
@Portugal: What responsive theme are you using?  I'm assuming that I can download it from the SMF website, correct?

dougiefresh

I've installed the Exodus theme, and I don't see any difference in font or screen size with the mod installed or uninstalled.  So I don't think that this mod has anything to do with that....

Now, if you are talking about the contents of the pop-up, likely you will have to make some changes to the CSS file in order to style it the way you want it to be....

milsou

Amazing amazing sir ... thanks a lot

It works almost fine on my forum ... When I hit the close button ...  I can't access to the forum. I have a full screen grey color. And the source code seems to be commented. Maybe it's a problem with my theme ... I will try in another website.
Just another function please... or if it's possible manually... how can we hide the close button please ?
Maybe an option for that in the back-office ?
Thanks a lot

ErtugrulBEKTIK

Quote from: milsou on June 14, 2016, 02:35:06 PM
Amazing amazing sir ... thanks a lot

It works almost fine on my forum ... When I hit the close button ...  I can't access to the forum. I have a full screen grey color. And the source code seems to be commented. Maybe it's a problem with my theme ... I will try in another website.
Just another function please... or if it's possible manually... how can we hide the close button please ?
Maybe an option for that in the back-office ?
Thanks a lot
Me neither.  If I use width, text and background color, adblock functions;  When I hit the close button, I can't access to the forum. Time and effect functions are gread work. My smf version is 2.0.10  If you fix this, I will be very happy.

Biology Forums

Quote from: dougiefresh on August 20, 2016, 08:13:18 PM
I've uploaded this mod to GitHub here: https://github.com/douglasorend/Real_Popup_with_AdBlock_Detection

dougiefresh, I remember you created a mod that displayed errors that a page formed on every page load. Do you still have it available?

dougiefresh

Quote from: Stylus on September 01, 2016, 01:14:58 AM
dougiefresh, I remember you created a mod that displayed errors that a page formed on every page load. Do you still have it available?
You might be looking for my Error Log Upon Exit mod.....  It should still be available on the SMF Customization site....

Biology Forums

That's the one. Where are the errors displayed? At the bottom of the screen? In addition, how hard would it be to port to 1.x?

Kindred

You should be upgrading to 2.0.x anyway...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dougiefresh

The Error Log Upon Exit mod should work on SMF 1.1.x.  My localhost server is PHP 5.6.x, which doesn't play nice with SMF 1.1.x, so it works but there may be installation issues...  Next time, please post bug reports and feature requests in the appropriate mod thread!  Thank you!

Biology Forums

Quote from: dougiefresh on September 14, 2016, 01:46:09 PM
The Error Log Upon Exit mod should work on SMF 1.1.x.  My localhost server is PHP 5.6.x, which doesn't play nice with SMF 1.1.x, so it works but there may be installation issues...  Next time, please post bug reports and feature requests in the appropriate mod thread!  Thank you!

I will, apologies. Thanks

dougiefresh

New version attached to this post!  Can't post on my website, it is down for now....  :-[  If you want to test, please let me know the results!

I got an bug report from someone and I don't remember who.  But here is the jest:  After installing the mod and enabling it, the forum would show a blank screen and it would be impossible for that user to get access to the forum again without deleting Subs-RealPopup.php from the Sources folder.  I managed to reproduce this bug, and I think it has everything to do with the unclosed html <style> tag.  Anyways, I've fixed it and it should work better now!!

Quote from: Portugal on March 22, 2016, 07:23:29 AM
Now works good :) I was tested, but i will go to implement soon o my forum, but i see a possibile bug, on my case (using responsive theme) it made some changes to size of screen, i think it reduces de definition.... its possibile?? I see the fonts biggers as a normal... :) I need to see it better.... :)
If its possibile to configure to show only to certain groups on our forums... well will be the must smf mod :)
I think I've fixed this issue with this new version.

Biology Forums

Thanks for this. How does it detect adblock?

dougiefresh

Quote from: Stylus on September 23, 2016, 01:03:15 AM
Thanks for this. How does it detect adblock?
You're welcome!  It uses the BlockAdBlock script on GitHub.  I think it basically creates a DIV with a whole bunch of bait classes and styles, just so AdBlock will hide the DIV.  The script can figure out if the DIV has a height of 0, which will trigger a positive for AdBlock.

coltp45

Im using exodus theme with version 2.0.11.
In my test server works ok, but the online forum don't work.... Im using firefox.

If i use this option
Use black overlay on AdBlock detection?
At the top appers this error
div.blossomfeaturebox:before{ opacity: 1.0; }

dougiefresh

My Real Popup with Adblock Detection mod has been approved by the SMF Customization Team!  Thanks, SMF Customization Team!!!

Advertisement: