News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Notificactions doesn't works

Started by marro, February 03, 2016, 12:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marro

When someone send a message, or quote or uses the tag the notifications doesn't appear.

SMF 2.0.11 w/ Flatline theme, but also with the default theme doesn't works, so.. What can I do?

An example of what I want, see the notification on "My Message"

Kindred

looks like the new message notification works just fine - per your screen shot.

If you are looking for notifications for anything else -- SMF does not do that by default - you would have to find a mod for it (and I would not recommend using any mod that adds a count-up notification number for new posts -- that would be an expensive query that could slow down your system ALOT)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

marro

Quote from: Kindred on February 03, 2016, 12:29:06 PM
looks like the new message notification works just fine - per your screen shot.

If you are looking for notifications for anything else -- SMF does not do that by default - you would have to find a mod for it (and I would not recommend using any mod that adds a count-up notification number for new posts -- that would be an expensive query that could slow down your system ALOT)

No sir, that image isn't mine, I just wanted to show you what I want, just an example. Notifications doesn't work, what I mean is it doesn't shows how many numbers of message I have, I should go to Inbox to see if I have new messages.

Kindred

What mods do you have installed?

Attach your subs.php?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

marro

Quote from: Kindred on February 03, 2016, 12:52:03 PM
What mods do you have installed?

Attach your subs.php?

SMF 1.1.21 / 2.0.10 Update
Menu Editor Lite 1.0.5     
Default Avatar   2.3 
SMF Post Prefix 2.0.3
SMF 2.0.11 Update

I don't have subs.php   :-\

Steve

You don't have .../Sources/subs.php?
DO NOT pm me for support!

marro

Quote from: Steve on February 03, 2016, 01:15:40 PM
You don't have .../Sources/subs.php?

Oh, my bad guys... dind't saw it. Sorry!

Kindred

Hmmm... URL?

oh... never mind -- I see the problem.
You have the Menu-editor mod installed.

That removes the ability to have the PM notifications, if I recall correctly.
Слaва
Украинi

marro

Quote from: Kindred on February 03, 2016, 02:46:29 PM
Hmmm... URL?

oh... never mind -- I see the problem.
You have the Menu-editor mod installed.

That removes the ability to have the PM notifications, if I recall correctly.

Thank you so much! Now it's fine!

Advertisement: