News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

HELP!

Started by biguran, February 04, 2016, 07:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biguran

Hello all, a while ago i had to change hosting/server, since than some of the mods are acting funny, i cant delete any mods (without getting error message) or add more!!!

Is there a way i cant get the DEFAULT smf forum?? AND still keep my boards and topics??

ALso thinking about upgrade to 2.1, but since i am a nob in all this dont know if i will end up loosing everything

thanx in advance

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

biguran

ill try this, THANK YOU A LOT Margarett!

Kindred

As a note...
NO, you should not be thinking about 2.1.  2.1 is still in beta and is not recommended for production sites.

Additionally, as another note....
Your title on this thread is less than useful. (how many posts do you think we could see with "help" as the title.
In the future, please consider using a brief summary of the problem as your post title. That way, the support folks (both team and helpful community members) who skim the title list can see the summary and think "oh, yeah, I can help with that" instead of possibly skipping over the thread, since it gives no indication of the actual problem. :)

(for example:  How do I reload my forum without losing my data?)

on a third note:
When you changed hosting, did you use Repair_settings.php to reset all of your urls and paths and reconnect the NEW database?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: