News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

need a little help..

Started by silentbob, October 25, 2005, 04:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silentbob

I've been searching on here and found some topics that would be useful if I understood a little more clearly on what to edit and where to edit it.. anyways, I'm trying to integrate my current site : www.disneycm.com : with the current layout.. if someone could help me a little that would be great.. thanks!!

Tony Reid

I think your going to get a knock on the door from Disney - if not for the domain... then for the copyright violation.
Tony Reid

silentbob

any of those images are freely available on the net.. I'm also going to be putting the copyright notice at the bottom and what not..

Elmacik

Home of Elmacik

silentbob

i read over that post like 5 times now.. it's just not clicking with me... =o\ like... what do I delete? do I only need
<html><head>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/script.js"></script>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><!--
var smf_theme_url = "', $settings['theme_url'], '";
var smf_images_url = "', $settings['images_url'], '";
// --></script>
<title>', $context['page_title'], '</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/style.css?rc1" />';

if ($context['browser']['needs_size_fix'])
echo '
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/fonts-compat.css" />
', $context['html_headers'], '
</head>
<body>

and then my code? I also don't have it setup into a header/footer setup.. how do I get the left menu on there? =o\ that whole thread is confusing to me.. =o\

Elmacik

Home of Elmacik

silentbob

thanks I'll look over this other thread and give the program a shot..

silentbob

you wouldn't happen to have another link to that program would you? the domain it's hosted at is gone.. =o\

Tony Reid

Quote from: silentbob on October 25, 2005, 04:35:11 AM
any of those images are freely available on the net.. I'm also going to be putting the copyright notice at the bottom and what not..

Just because you put a copyright notice doesnt make it legal.

Good luck with your site though :)

Tony Reid

silentbob

Quote from: Tony on October 25, 2005, 06:26:51 AM
Quote from: silentbob on October 25, 2005, 04:35:11 AM

Just because you put a copyright notice doesnt make it legal.

Good luck with your site though :)

understood and I'll take that into consideration.. :) my thought is this though.. I'm not going to be making money off the site.. and the images are all over the net to begin with.. look at all the disney fan sites on web.. :)

Advertisement: