Getting a white-screen with my "Demo-Hook" test mod

Started by Wellwisher, March 26, 2016, 08:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wellwisher

Hello Basegods,

I made a "demo/ test mod" to play around with the hooks this weekend. The mod does the following:

• Adds a CSS file into the header tag (via one Hook)
  • Adds a <script> before the closing </body> (via an install.xml edit)

I keep getting a white-screen after installing this. No clue as to what's causing it, to my wisdom, it should be working fine.

Just point me to the file causing it for now. I want to figure out my puzzle.  :laugh:

Shambles

EDIT: just reread your request:
QuoteJust point me to the file causing it for now. I want to figure out my puzzle.

So I've struck through what I think may be causing it ;)

Not so sure you need a curly brace at the end of this line in MainModFile.php

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/demo-style.css" />';}

Do any errors show up in your error log?

Also, you may need to swap the commas for periods

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'. $settings['theme_url']. '/css/demo-style.css" />';

Wellwisher

@Shambles I love you bro'voski!  ;D ;D ;D Omg! I *NEVER* check the error_log files. I am such a pecking noob. Whenever I get a SMF problem, I usually re-copy the install files. Lesson learn't - a very important lesson from @Shambles. I never check that file, rookie mistake. I feel embarrassed.  ;D ;D

Thank you Shambles, wow I am blown away by this! I finally made my first "hooked-based" demo mod thanks to you again and @Margarett's for the beautiful hooks tutorial. Awesome teacher. I am running out of TY's for @Margarett:P

Now I am just testing the install and uninstall. This is so awesome!   8) 8) 8)

Advertisement: