News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Multiple codes to represent a single smiley

Started by Biology Forums, February 29, 2016, 12:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

Is it possible to have multiple codes to represent a single smiley without uploading the same smiley twice?

Look at where it says "code"... perhaps add a comma and then another code. How can this be done?

lurkalot

Quote from: Shuban on February 29, 2016, 12:41:52 PM
Is it possible to have multiple codes to represent a single smiley without uploading the same smiley twice?

Look at where it says "code"... perhaps add a comma and then another code. How can this be done?

Probably not ideal, but it worked for me in the past. ;)

Waits to be bombarded for such a ludicrous suggestion,

Biology Forums

Not a good idea since that reflects everywhere on the forum (i.e. titles, usernames, etc.), not just in post content.

margarett

But yes, you can define multiple codes for the same smiley. Although it's not that easy as comma-separating the codes, you can add multiple codes which relate to the same image
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Biology Forums

Quote from: margarett on February 29, 2016, 04:47:14 PM
But yes, you can define multiple codes for the same smiley. Although it's not that easy as comma-separating the codes, you can add multiple codes which relate to the same image

Right, but there's an issue with that... I think a clever coder should create some sort of array where many codes can be separated via a comma only.

lurkalot

Quote from: margarett on February 29, 2016, 04:47:14 PM

Aha, you can indeed.

Quote from: Shuban on February 29, 2016, 04:52:07 PM

Right, but there's an issue with that... I think a clever coder should create some sort of array where many codes can be separated via a comma only.

Agreed, tis a little long winded doing it this way.  ;)

Admin > Forum > Smileys and message icons >  Add smiley.

1: Make sure "Use Existing File " is selected.
2: Choose smiley from the dropdown.
3: Add new Code.
4: Add Tooltip or description.
5: Location, set to hidden for one or the other, otherwise both versions will show.

Save changes.

Biology Forums

Right, that works.. I just don't think it's a permanent method, more like a backdoor method that you'll end up regretting...

dougiefresh

@Shuban: I've been working on a mod for this, and have gotten the admin UI changes mostly written.....  How does this look so far?

Biology Forums

That's incredible. I'm assuming multiple aliases can be added?

dougiefresh

That's the plan.  Just click "Add Code" to add another.  In order to clear it, just erase the contents of that line....

Biology Forums

Quote from: dougiefresh on March 18, 2016, 06:21:31 PM
That's the plan.  Just click "Add Code" to add another.  In order to clear it, just erase the contents of that line....

In terms of the donation, I've asked my brother who has Paypal to send it to you. If there is any other way to send you money, please let me know.

dougiefresh

I don't have any other method to accept payment and/or donations at this time....

lurkalot

Quote from: Shuban on March 18, 2016, 06:22:20 PM
Quote from: dougiefresh on March 18, 2016, 06:21:31 PM

In terms of the donation, I've asked my brother who has Paypal to send it to you. If there is any other way to send you money, please let me know.

You could always send it to me, and I'll spend it for him. :)

dougiefresh

Quote from: lurkalot on March 19, 2016, 02:47:40 PM
You could always send it to me, and I'll spend it for him. :)
ROFL!!   You funny....

dougiefresh

Biology Forums

Congratulations on the releases. A few errors, it should be SMF 1.1.21. That was the latest version for SMF. Also, you're missing an O in bilogy ;)

dougiefresh

Advertisement: