Critical Error at install

Started by JUNK de LUXE, March 01, 2016, 01:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUNK de LUXE

I'm trying to move my board to a new host, but I'm having big problems with installing it.

I'm getting this error:

QuoteThe installer was unable to detect any database support in PHP.

I've read elsewhere on the forum that it might be something regarding mySQLi (no idea what it is).. but according to the attached phpinfo() file the host also have something called mySQLnd enabled so it "should" work?

Is there anything I can do to remedy this? manuel insert mySQL info, use a .htaccess file or something else?  I don't have access to how the host is configured and thus not to php.ini.

Illori

SMF 2.0 does not fully support php 7. you can run SMF with php 5.*. can your host downgrade you to php 5.*?

JUNK de LUXE

I'm quite sure my host CAN downgrade.. but I'm also very much sure they WONT :S

ARRGHH !!!!!

It's extremely hard for me to find a decently featured, low paid, host with good reviews, that can handle SMF 2.0.11 (fyi I've been using SMF for 15+ years and this might be the one thing that makes me find another forum software)..

ARGGHH !!

Illori

Sir Osis of Liver

Look in your cpanel, some include an option to select php version.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

JUNK de LUXE

I don't have cPanel - but otherwise, yes.

Matthew K.

Switching the version of PHP that your site is running should not be a big deal for your host. And it shouldn't be that difficult for you to upgrade SMF to be compatible with PHP 7 if you really needed to. I'd be open to writing a modification that made SMF 2.0.x compatible with PHP 7 if enough people were interested, and someone wanted to pony up some donation money to help cover my time to cover all of the basis.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Matthew K.

Read my reply on the other topic ;D

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

JUNK de LUXE

Quote from: margarett on March 01, 2016, 04:58:27 PM
Again --> http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3469

I tried to do this when installing it. As it's while installing it, I can't install a mod.. so I manually edited the file. Still didn't work :S

margarett

Yeah I actually jumped the gun :( Sorry Mathew, I provided bad info. I checked the package and it keeps deprecated function names (mysql*) so it really is no solution for proper PHP7 support.

We are looking into it. For now we have no quick fix for your problem, your only possibility is really to lower your PHP version...

JUNK de LUXE

I got it to work !!!!

this might not be for ALL servers, but it worked for mine. I could downgrade the PHP version via a .htaccess file with the following line in it:

AddType application/x-httpd-php-old .php

JUNK de LUXE

I marked it as "not-solved" so admins/mods could see how I got it to work.. Feel free to mark it as solved again :)

Advertisement: