News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

PDF Tag

Started by live627, October 31, 2008, 08:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLAYBOY

Regular members dont see the pdfs. It shows them like they are broken images. Just an X on the boxes. Can somebody please help me?

Also is there anyway to adjust the size of the boxes for pdfs? or maybe it would be a nice feature for the next version.

Thanks.

Aoife

Quote from: r2d2-trader on February 01, 2012, 05:09:15 PM
great mod - works fine with Firefox - but when using IE i have run into problems. May someone is having an idea?

I'm having the same issue in SMF 2.0.3 - works fine in FF but not in IE10 (shows the frame of the box but just an X in the upper left corner).

FOLLOW UP:  IE10 32-bit will display the pdf but not 64-bit. So if you insist on using IE, be sure it's the 32-bit version. Otherwise just use FF or Chrome, etc.

Chen Zhen

Quote from: aoife on January 17, 2013, 07:13:05 AM
great mod - works fine with Firefox - but when using IE i have run into problems. May someone is having an idea?

I'm having the same issue in SMF 2.0.3 - works fine in FF but not in IE10 (shows the frame of the box but just an X in the upper left corner).

FOLLOW UP:  IE10 32-bit will display the pdf but not 64-bit. So if you insist on using IE, be sure it's the 32-bit version. Otherwise just use FF or Chrome, etc.

aoife,

pdf file types will open in IE10 (64 bit) (via Adobe Reader) with a simple adjustment. This is assuming that you have Adobe Reader installed on your computer.

Open your IE10 64bit browser & navigate to the following:
Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs -> Set Programs -> Associate a file type or protocol with a program

.. it may take a moment to load all the varios file types. Scroll down to pdf file type & double click.. Opt Adobe Reader as the program to open those files, click OK & then click CLOSE.

After the above setting change you should be able to view pdf documents using the IE10 64bit browser (which uses Adobe Reader to view them/it).

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Aoife

Quote from: -Underdog- on January 18, 2013, 02:12:14 PM
Quote from: aoife on January 17, 2013, 07:13:05 AM

aoife,

pdf file types will open in IE10 (64 bit) (via Adobe Reader) with a simple adjustment. This is assuming that you have Adobe Reader installed on your computer.

Open your IE10 64bit browser & navigate to the following:
Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs -> Set Programs -> Associate a file type or protocol with a program

.. it may take a moment to load all the varios file types. Scroll down to pdf file type & double click.. Opt Adobe Reader as the program to open those files, click OK & then click CLOSE.

After the above setting change you should be able to view pdf documents using the IE10 64bit browser (which uses Adobe Reader to view them/it).

Thank you for the suggestion. I use Adobe Acrobat X and don't have Reader installed on my machines. The .pdf files are associated with Acrobat already - I redid the association and it still does not work with 64-bit. However, it works fine using IE10 32-bit; IE is not my default browser. I was simply looking for a solution for folks that are using the forums and who do use Internet Explorer - it's a solution I found on the Acrobat site.

Ataru Moroboshi

Is there any way to embed an attached PDF?

0Connors

Hi all,

Firstly i will say thank you for the mod !

Then i have a question : How i can change zoom of the PDF file for have the perfect scale ?

Example on my website : http://pafteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5761.0

Thank you,
Site : www.pafteam.com

Projet : www.pafteam.com/beta-test/maj-site/

Version SMF : 2.0.9

MrMike

I don't know about setting the zoom, but you can set the widow size by modifying the code in Subs.php as follows:

// PDF [pdf]example.pdf[/pdf]
         array(
            'tag' => 'pdf',
            'type' => 'unparsed_content',
            'content' => ($context['browser']['is_ie'] && !$context['browser']['is_mac_ie'] ? '<object type="application/pdf" classid="clsid:CA8A9780-280D-11CF-A24D-444553540000" data="$1" width="800" height="600"><param name="src" value="$1"><embed src="$1" width="800" height="600" /><noembed><a href="$1" target="_blank">$1</a></noembed></object>' : '<embed type="application/pdf" src="$1" width="800" height="600" /><noembed><a href="$1" target="_blank">$1</a></noembed>'),
            'validate' => create_function('&$tag, &$data, $disabled', '
               if (isset($disabled[\'url\']))
                  $tag[\'content\'] = \'$1\';'),
            'disabled_content' => '<a href="$1" target="_blank">$1</a>',
         ),

Randem

Aloha, is this MOD still supported? We are updating all our sites and the create_function code needs to be updated in this mod for PHP 7.2. If the MOD is not supported I will make the changes going forward for our sites.
Scams - How to Protect Yourself
Why Professionals Should Not Use Free Email Accounts

Always ignore those who attempt to tell you what to think and believe those who will allow you think for yourself

aegersz

This mod has a couple of shortcomings as you need the pdf to be located on your system and even then, it will only work on the desktop and not Android cellphones. It also has a 500px by 400px frame.

I have built a 1.3 version for a larger frame using 800x1000 pixels but decided to use this instead HTML code instead:

[html]<embed src="https://website/example.pdf" width="800px" height="1000px" />[/html]

For Android (cell phones) this link needs to be taken but works well for any online pdf:

Click on https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer?url=https://website/example.pdf
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

shadav

Quote from: aegersz on April 14, 2021, 05:33:48 PM
This mod has a couple of shortcomings as you need the pdf to be located on your system and even then, it will only work on the desktop and not Android cellphones. It also has a 500px by 400px frame.

I have built a 1.3 version for a larger frame using 800x1000 pixels but decided to use this instead HTML code instead:

[html]<embed src="https://website/example.pdf" width="800px" height="1000px" />[/html]

For Android (cell phones) this link needs to be taken but works well for any online pdf:

Click on https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer?url=https://website/example.pdf
please do not upload mods without the mod authors consent

aegersz

Oh sorry about that - I didn't see any copyright so I thought it was ok.

It won't happen again.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

shadav

there's more or less a blanket copyright here on smf....rule of thumb it's not ok to upload the entire mod without the mod authors ok...but you can put in a post instructions on how to update the mod for others use.

:laugh: no worries, I've been slapped myself for doing that as well  :P

Advertisement: