News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Unanswered Topics

Started by dougiefresh, March 03, 2016, 05:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

thanks, dougiefresh - that fix works faultlessly !
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Steve

Quote from: Steve on October 01, 2016, 04:34:18 PM
I like this mod but what I'd really like to see is the ability to choose topics and delete them en masse.

I know you've been busy dougie (judging from your recent posts) but have you had a chance to look at this? No hurry, am just curious.
DO NOT pm me for support!

dougiefresh

Quote from: Steve on October 20, 2016, 04:54:42 PM
I like this mod but what I'd really like to see is the ability to choose topics and delete them en masse.
I know you've been busy dougie (judging from your recent posts) but have you had a chance to look at this? No hurry, am just curious.
No, I haven't.  I'm going to try to look at it soon....

dougiefresh

Sorry to get back to this topic so late, but I am now working on it.....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.0 - January 5th, 2017
o Converted mod to 100% hook-based, removing all file edits!
o Completely rewrote unanswered topics function to use built-in list functionality.
o Moved all language strings to individual language files.
o Added code to exclude contents of the recycle board from the list.
o Added checkboxes to remove topics, when appropriate permissions are granted to user.
o Added code to restrict unanswered topics to selected member, if desirable.

This version will fulfill this feature request; hopefuly it will address any other bug reports from the version 1.x-series mods.....

Steve

Got this error soon as I clicked on the index page link:

Unknown column 't.important' in 'field list'
File: /home/steve/public_html/forums/Sources/Unanswered.php
Line: 187

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.0.1 - January 6th, 2016
o Fixed database query involving invalid field for this mod.

Quote from: Steve on January 06, 2017, 03:22:58 PM
Got this error soon as I clicked on the index page link:

Unknown column 't.important' in 'field list'
File: /home/steve/public_html/forums/Sources/Unanswered.php
Line: 187
Sorry about that!!  This mod is based off another mod that I wrote, and evidentally, I didn't fix one line....

Steve

No worries Dougie! Works a treat now. :D

The only suggestion I could make for some future version is when you put 0 into the number of days settings it seems odd for the link to say 'Show unanswered topics in the last 0 days.'. If it's actually disabled as the setting says it is, then maybe not have the link show? Or if 0 means there's no limit to the number of days, then have it say 'Show all unanswered topics.'?

If 0 means no limit, the current version returns no results instead of showing all results.

The checkboxes I requested work beautifully! Can't thank you enough! :D

dougiefresh

I'll look into this when I get home....  Sounds like I overlooked some minor detail....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.1 - January 7th, 2017
o Fixed text display issue when number of days is equal to 0 in several places.
o Removed unused topic/post option leftover from version 1.x series.
o Changed several language strings to reflect better what the mod does when days equal 0.

@Steve:  This update should fix the issue you brought to my attention.  Thank you for the bug report!

Steve

Perfect! Great work as always Dougie. Probably something I did wrong but when I went to upload v2.1 it said it was already on the server even though the version on the server was 2.0.1 ...

dougiefresh

No, the package-info.xml for version 2.0.1 had 2.1 for the version number.  Didn't realize it until I went to edit the mod yesterday.  Sorry about the confusion there....

Steve

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.2 - July 5th, 2017
o SMF 2.1: Replaced missing settings_install.php with add_remove_hooks.php in package-info.xml.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.3 - July 11th, 2017
o Replaced IFNULL with COALESCE in database queries for better Postgres support.

dougiefresh

Quote from: thunderchld on July 23, 2017, 08:43:14 PM
Thank you guys! This is great.

Feature request:  Permissions.

It would be nice if we could install this and only let certain groups see which are unanswered so they could respond.

E.g. We have 4 groups, Staff, Plot, Member1 Member 2.  Only "Staff" being able to see what is unanswered would allow them to answer questions from the other 3 groups.
(if that makes any sense)

That would allow us to provide answers yet not draw attention to unanswered issues.
Working on this request....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.4 - July 28th, 2017
o Added permission to view unanswered topics.

@thunderchld:  This update should fill this request.  Please note that guests still cannot view the unanswered topics page.  This is enforced through the permission system, as opposed to a simple user member ID check in previous versions....  If you need this functionality, comment out line 26 in Subs-Unanswered.php....

Steve

The version number says 2.3 in the package manager when installed.

And where are the permissions located?

dougiefresh

Quote from: Steve on July 28, 2017, 04:33:53 PM
The version number says 2.3 in the package manager when installed.
Oops!  I've reuploaded the fixed package with the correct version number!  Thanks!

Quote from: Steve on July 28, 2017, 04:33:53 PM
And where are the permissions located?
On the permissions screen, the new membergroup permission should be listed under the "General" category as Can view unanswered topics.

Steve

Quote from: dougiefresh on July 28, 2017, 06:26:07 PMOops!  I've reuploaded the fixed package with the correct version number!  Thanks!

Thank ya sir. :)

Quote from: dougiefresh on July 28, 2017, 06:26:07 PMOn the permissions screen, the new membergroup permission should be listed under the "General" category as Can view unanswered topics.

Once I switched from 'Simple' to 'Classic' view (which I've never used), I found it right away. Thanks again Dougie. :)

Advertisement: