News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Automatic Attachment Rotation (and Resize)

Started by dougiefresh, March 04, 2016, 07:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KungFuJoe

Quote from: PBSCreative on February 16, 2017, 01:59:42 PM
Quote from: kungfujoe on February 16, 2017, 01:25:32 PM
I don't know if this is specific to the server I'm running on, but the issue I'm having with the white screen is with larger file sizes.  If I attach a <2MB pic...it's fine.  Tried a 2.8MB pic and white screen.

3.2 is better than 3.3 in this regard...in that I can attach larger sizes...but even with 3.2, when I tried to attach an 8MB pic, I got the white screen.
The bigger the image, the more resources required to process it. So small images will be OK with less memory.

Is that a limit with my server or with SMF?  Would like to be able to use this mod with larger file sizes...at least up to 10MB.

I also have a mod that reduces the file size and resolution of attached images.  This was so members didn't have to worry about reducing pics on their own (some are not technically savvy) and so I didn't have to worry about filling up my server storage anytime soon.  But it appears that this mod starts processing before the file size mod kicks in.

KungFuJoe

Hmm...on a hunch, I uninstalled my mod that resizes attached images...reinstalled this mod (3.3) and then reinstalled my resize image mod...and now everything seems to work.  Was able to upload that 8MB pic I was referring to earlier.

So hope this does it.  :)

dougiefresh

Quote from: kungfujoe on February 16, 2017, 05:01:51 PM
Hmm...on a hunch, I uninstalled my mod that resizes attached images...reinstalled this mod (3.3) and then reinstalled my resize image mod...and now everything seems to work.  Was able to upload that 8MB pic I was referring to earlier.

Can you link to the mod you are talking about?  Maybe I can come up with some workaround for this situation.....

KungFuJoe

Quote from: dougiefresh on February 16, 2017, 06:11:01 PM
Quote from: kungfujoe on February 16, 2017, 05:01:51 PM

Can you link to the mod you are talking about?  Maybe I can come up with some workaround for this situation.....

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2206

KungFuJoe

Had to remove v3.3 of this mod and revert back to 3.1.  3.2 and 3.3 both have the white screen issue on my server if I try to attach pic(s) that exceed around 8MB in total file size.

I think the reason why 3.1 "works" is because the auto image rotation actually doesn't work on my site...so pics still end up with the wrong orientation but at least I can go in and manually fix them with the mod.

tanawat

after browse picture

when modify post

Appear when modify post isn't  it ?

dougiefresh

@tanawat:  I'm sorry.  I don't understand your question....  (if there is indeed one...)

Westwegoman

Quote from: KungFuJoe on January 18, 2017, 02:14:40 PM

As for the rotation, it rotates...but the opposite direction.

If you choose 90 degrees...it will rotate 90 degrees counter clockwise.

I'm having the same issue. SMF 2.0.13

Post.template.php attached

Also,

When browsing through files... Admin > Attachments and Avatars > Browse Files, is there a way to get the images to show up on that page that I'm missing?

rajanmahajan

Hi.... It's not working properly....

dougiefresh

UPDATE:  I apologize to everybody for taking so long to look into this mod's bug reports.  Hopefully, there will be an update shortly....  but I am working on it.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v3.4 - August 5th, 2017
o Added code to dynamically adjust memory to try to stop white screen issues.

@KungFuJoe:  Hopefully, this update solves the white screen issues.  One caveat: If the mod can't allocate enough memory, it just won't do anything with the image.  I'll add something in the settings to log the issue when it happens for the next version....

@rajanmahajan:  Much wow.  So much description.  :-[

@Westwegoman:  Still looking into your bug report.  Please be patient...

dougiefresh

Anyone care to comment on the last version?

aegersz

I LOVE this mod because suddenly all my pics were rotated 90 degrees anti-clockwise.

you are a ******ing LEGEND dougie. At least half of my website mods were written by you.

EXCELLENT JOB !

the only glitch was that i i had to add a blank line before your check for the Hacker poll thing and then it installed like a dream.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

dougiefresh

Uploaded v3.5 - September 4th, 2017
o Added support for SMF 2.1 Beta 3.
o Removed support for SMF 2.1 Beta 2.
o Added ability to log "unable to allocate enough memory" errors.
o Added setting to enable logging of "unable to allocate enough memory" errors.
o Replaced code for fallback mod-defined imagerotate function.
o FALLBACK: Try to get 256MB of memory if memory_get_usage function not available.

@aegersz:  Blank line issue has been fixed as well...  Thanks for the bug report!

Baitjunky

Im getting this error after install on 2.0.14

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /home/baitjunkys/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-AutoRotation.php on line 464

dougiefresh

Uploaded v3.6 - September 8th, 2017
o Fixed 2 syntax errors in Subs-AutoRotation.php.

@Baitjunky:  Man, oh man, typo city here.... Thank you for reporting the syntax error.  It's been fixed with this version!

aegersz

sorry dougie but another minor conflict in what appears to be a duplication (the two install failing lines do the same thing ?) in  Sources/Display.php ; all your other mods are at the lastest version, installed and working but i am assuming they are conflicting with this one now ... see the attached screenshots:
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

dougiefresh

I'll take a look at it when I get home from work.

aegersz

no hurry. at all. maybe it's my fault ? that's highly likely but then again i think i run almost all of your mods.

dougiefresh

It's definitely a conflict between Post and PM Inline Attachments and this mod.....  Still looking at how to resolve this...

Advertisement: