News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Automatic Attachment Rotation (and Resize)

Started by dougiefresh, March 04, 2016, 07:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denny O

dougiefresh,

I did not want to bug you so I did await your response.
Many Thanks my hard working friend! I will see how it turns out here.

Thank You!
Denny O
Hook'in Walleyes while Watch'in my Hawkeyes!

TourFL

Thanks for the update  :)
Unfortunately, the problem is still here (same messages, at the same file/line)

Installation of version 5.8 went smoothly, just had a small conflict on the post.php file with the Inline Attachement module, but it was easily solved manualy.

I attach you my display.php file  ;)
If you like Fiat 500 and derived models, the SMF forum I'm helping with: www.500-126.com

TigerAnt

The mod needs to be updated so it will work on php 7.2 without error. it works well on 7.1 but not 7.2. I have it installed on 2.1 RC 2.

error:

Error
Type of error: Undefined_vars
Error message: 8: Undefined index: imiyf_txt
File: /home/djradios/public_html/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2392
URL of page causing the error: https://djradiosoundstation.com/index.php?/music-network/811-izgatnizo/friends
Backtrace information
#0: smf_error_handler()
Called from /home/djradios/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 2392
#1: loadTheme()
Called from /home/djradios/public_html/index.php on line 191
#2: smf_main()
Called from /home/djradios/public_html/index.php on line 151
I help those who cannot get help elsewhere with free help!

Arantor

That's a different error message, relating to a different mod.

The 7.2 issue is the need to replace uses of create_function.

TigerAnt

Type of error: General
Error message: 8192: Function create_function() is deprecated
File: /home/djradios/public_html/Sources/ManageAttachments.php
Line: 664
URL of page causing the error: https://djradiosoundstation.com/index.php?action=admin;area=manageattachments;sa=browse
Backtrace information
#0: smf_error_handler()
Called from /home/djradios/public_html/Sources/ManageAttachments.php on line 664
#1: BrowseFiles()
Called from /home/djradios/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 5095
#2: call_helper()
Called from /home/djradios/public_html/Sources/ManageAttachments.php on line 86
#3: ManageAttachments()
Called from /home/djradios/public_html/Sources/Admin.php on line 512
#4: AdminMain()
Called from /home/djradios/public_html/index.php on line 151

TigerAnt

Quote from: Arantor on July 26, 2019, 11:05:25 AM
That's a different error message, relating to a different mod.

The 7.2 issue is the need to replace uses of create_function.
Sorry I posted the wrong error, here is the right one above.

TigerAnt

(Update) I had added a mod to 2.1 RC 2, (Automatic Attachment Rotation (and Resize) I removed the mod by deleting it and I noticed that an error still existed. The error goes away when you change the PHP back from 7.2 to 7.1. While in 7.2 every time you clicked on any of these (Browse files: > Attachments | Resize Existing Images | Avatars | Thumbnails) it would create a new error.

Arantor

Deleting mods doesn't remove them, it just removes your ability to uninstall them first.

TigerAnt

Now that comment went way over my head lol. If I install the mod, are you telling me by uninstalling it, does not delete it from my site?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Delete and uninstall are two different functions. Delete removes the package, uninstall removes the functionality.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

TigerAnt

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on July 26, 2019, 04:52:42 PM
Delete and uninstall are two different functions. Delete removes the package, uninstall removes the functionality.
Thank you, I wasn't aware of that!

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

amygil

Thanks for creating this great mod. I have 3 Dougiefresh Mods installed on my forum and they are all very much appreciated.

That said, I just installed the latest SMF release candidate (SMF 2.1 RC2) along with the latest Automatic Attachment Rotation mod (v5.8) and I'm getting a few errors that I thought you might want to know about.

1. I get two errors when anyone visits my Forum's help page:

Hook call: function "AutoRotation_LoadHelp" in file /path/to/myforum could not be called.
https://forumdomain.com/index.php?action=help

and
The callable AutoRotation_LoadHelp could not be called.
https://forumdomain.com/index.php?action=help

2. I get an error when anyone visits a page that has an image on it (I think this has been mentioned before but not since the latest release is out)

Type of error: Undefined
8: Undefined variable: proper_rotation
https://forumdomain.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=194.0;attach=165;image;ts=1514734086
/path/to/myforum/Sources/ShowAttachments.php (Line 151)

Line 151 of ShowAttachments.php looks like this
if (!$proper_rotation && (isset($_REQUEST['type']) && $_REQUEST['type'] != 'avatar'))

3. My iPhone images are not getting rotated automatically at all. I suspect this is due to changes they made to their file format around iOS 11. The images are now stored as HEIC images and converted to jpeg on upload. I tried uploading both an Avatar and an Attachment and both came out sideways.

Please let me know how I can help you resolve these issues. Thanks!

Denny O

I had it loaded on our site earlier this week. I cannot load a jpeg image at all, it kicks me back to a blank page.

One of our other members loaded some rather old pics and seemed fine then he did a new one and it was sideways too, I'm trying to find out the details.
Hook'in Walleyes while Watch'in my Hawkeyes!

@rjen

I tried to install the latest version to yesterday's Github version for SMF 2.1, but it has a few install errors now...

Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Rob Lightbody

Hi there,

I am seeing a consistent problem, if anyone tries to rotate an image manually, using an iOS device, the attachment disappears.  It works fine on a MacOS device, or on Android, or Windows.

No error is logged when this happens.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

- Rob

GL700Wing

Quote from: The QE2 Story Forum on December 01, 2019, 07:53:33 AM
Hi there,

I am seeing a consistent problem, if anyone tries to rotate an image manually, using an iOS device, the attachment disappears.  It works fine on a MacOS device, or on Android, or Windows.

No error is logged when this happens.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

- Rob
I've had that happen too but only on iOS devices and I haven't been able to work out a fix because I can't reproduce the problem on a desktop device ...

Basically, when the manual rotation drop-down is selected on an iOS device the checkbox for the image is cleared (ie, the image is marked for deletion). 

The only workaround I've found is to click the checkbox for the image after I've chosen the rotation (and to double-check it) before I save the post.

Thankfully the auto-rotation feature of this mod works most, if not all, of the time for photos that still have their metadata and I've typically only encountered the issue you reported when correcting the rotation of images in posts that were created before the mod was installed and/or for images that have had their metadata removed.

Finally, I suspect it's specifically an iOS issue because I've used five different browsers on my iPad and the same thing happens with every one.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

GL700Wing

Uploaded v5.9 - December 3, 2019
o Per The QE2 Story Forum - fixed issue specific to iOS (eg, iphones, iPads, etc) of attachments being marked for deletion (ie, checkbox cleared) when rotation dropdown selected while modifying post.

@The QE2 Story Forum - Although the issue you reported (and which I have also encountered) only seems to affect iOS users it was in fact caused by a bug in the mod.

woolly bugger

Just tried to install 5.9 on my 2.1RC2 dl from github two weeks ago... 11/22

https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/compare/96865d4...release-2.1

getting errors, see attached

GL700Wing

Quote from: woolly bugger on December 03, 2019, 02:38:46 PM
Just tried to install 5.9 on my 2.1RC2 dl from github two weeks ago... 11/22

https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/compare/96865d4...release-2.1

getting errors, see attached
The only change I made was to Post.template.php - I'll have to leave it to Dougiefresh to investigate/resolve the issues you are experiencing. 

Also, have you tried installing this mod by itself on a clean 2.1RC2?  If you have and it installs without any errors then the issue you is that one or more of the others mods you've already installed had modified parts of the same code this mod is trying to update.  If this is the case you will need to install this mod manually - see https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation

Advertisement: