Speed Issues

Started by soilsearcher, March 05, 2016, 05:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soilsearcher

Hi folks, Very new to smf , had a board on phbpb but loving the smf format - only i have had an issue happen overnight. My forum has only been up and running for about 10 days and everything was running sweet, logged on this morning and my initial loading has gone from a 2.6s load to a 60s load, the portal side seems to come up instantly but its the tables that are delayed. I have googled and searched to try and find a possible cause of this to no avail. Any pointers as to what may have happened or what i can check would be greatfully received.

**www.soilsearcher.co.uk**

Many thanks in advance

Gary

a10

Strange, w8.1 here, in Firefox with soilsearcher forbidden in Noscript, everything ok and very fast.
Allowing soilsearcher in Noscript FF or using IE11, the forum content trying to load 'forever' but finally getting there after a long time ....? See attachments.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

soilsearcher

Cheers a10

never thought of trying different browsers, where the forum content has dissappeared, if you wait 1- 2 mins it appears, just cant understand what has happened, noone has touched the site overnight, contacted my provider and there are no issues there. Problem is i am total noob to coding , i just maintain my forums using mods and standard admin panel, the only things i have been doing over the last couple of days, is concentrating on the seo and trying to get it out there on the search engines.

Gary

a10

Tested some more from another laptop, same symptoms, with noscript enabled in firefox everything loads instant, and major slowdown in FF without NS, and in IE 11. So the 'something' that noscript stops must be what slows down things... As to what it may be, no idea.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Shambles

You seem to have a portal block that contains this call

http://soilsearcher.co.uk/blab81/online.php?mode=1

That seems to be slowing you down.

soilsearcher

Thanks shambles

Dont want to appear thick but how could this have happened and what can i do about it

Cheers

Gary

soilsearcher

Disabled the box, site runs back to normal - problem sourced to something wrong with the Blab chatroom, disabled it for the moment- all back to normal

Thanks chaps , Much appreciated for all your help    :) :) :) :)

Shambles

No problem.

Try executing the code I listed, standalone in your browser... the clues are in there ;)

QuoteSQL error... Please check your error log file for details...

Advertisement: