News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Change in the notification

Started by jvter, March 05, 2016, 07:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvter

Hi.

I run a 'private' smf forum with a member group of about 150 people. The are used to get notification message like:
-->
A new reply, 'Formal apologies for the AGM 2016', by Manuel  has been made on a topic on a board you are watching.

You can see it at
https://url/forum/index.php?topic=1553.new#new

More topics and replies may be posted, but you won't receive more email notifications until you return to the board and read some of them.

Unsubscribe to new topics and replies from this board by using this link:
https://url/forum/index.php?action=notifyboard;board=23.0

Regards,
The ECZM Team.
<---

The ececutive committe of this organization has  the  requested two things:

-They  asked me to prevent that the email sending is stopped when they do not login and and message first. So they always want to receive an email regardless they login or not. (This is no problem for the server/host because the amount of emails is limited). How can I do that?

-They want the Unsubscribe sentence in the mail removed. How can I do that?

Groet,
Jans

Kindred

you can not really stop the system from doing that....  (AFAIK)   (I think) it's an integral part of the notifications and changig it would basically mean rewriting the way notifications work.

You get notified about the first new post. You don't get notified again until you have logged in and "reset" your "flags". That's just the way it works.

You can remove the unsubscribe text, though....
same as
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Registration_-_How_do_I_edit_the_registration/welcome_email

but you're be editing the notification email instead of the welcome email
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jvter

Great,

So simply deleting the lines below in the file called 'EmailTemplates.english-utf8.php' should do he trick to prevent unsubscibing directly from he email message, correct?

Unsubscribe to new topics and replies from this board by using this link:
{UNSUBSCRIBELINK}

That bringes me to the other issue.
Reset a flag means usually changing a field in the a database field. So the question now is whch database field(s) should be canged to achieve my goal....? I have really no idea.
Added: A bit searching in he code may help, is that the field 'notify_regularity' in the 'table smf_members'?

Groet,
Jans

Kindred

yes, that would be the correct line of text to remove. :)

As for the flag/database.... ummmm.... I am not exactly sure. Hopefully one of the dev types here will be able to answer that for you...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: