News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Hidden posts

Started by Nazzel, March 11, 2016, 08:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nazzel

Hello again

I've noticed that on topics with more than one page the last posts of the previous pages are hidden and can appear only if you turn the "show all" function on. Does anybody know how to fix this?

I run SMF 2.0.11 with the default theme and have installed no mods.

Kindred

What do you mean by "hidden"?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nazzel

Quote from: Kindred on March 11, 2016, 08:45:04 AM
What do you mean by "hidden"?
I mean that they don't appear unless you click on the "show all" button.

Illori

can you provide a link to where this is happening?

Nazzel

Quote from: Illori on March 11, 2016, 09:03:58 AM
can you provide a link to where this is happening?
I'm sorry it's a private forum.

Maybe I need to explain it better:

Let's say for example that a topic has two pages. The last two posts of the first page won't appear unless you click on the "show all" button.

Do you understand now?

Illori

we understand that, but it is not normal behavior so we need to see it to debug and figure out why it is happening. if you cant provide a link best i can say is start over with fresh files may solve the issue.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

Kindred

no... I am not sure I understand, without seeing what you are describing -

Sorry, but what you are describing makes very little sense and is not normal behavior

If a topic has multiple pages, then the posts will appear on the appropriate page (depending on your settings)
for example:
posts 1-25 appear on page 1 -- click on the [1] page indicator at the bottom of the thread
posts 26-50 appear on page 2 --  click on the [2] page indicator at the bottom of the thread
etc and so on

or posts 1-50 appear if you click "show all"

If SOME posts are not appearing, we'd need to see the specific instance to help you figure out WHY they are not appearing.
We can only help so much by description -- sometimes we need to actually SEE the incident
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dav999

Quote from: Nazzel on March 11, 2016, 10:05:53 AM
Let's say for example that a topic has two pages. The last two posts of the first page won't appear unless you click on the "show all" button.
So does it look like this? (With 10 posts per page as an example)

Page 1: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Page 2: 11 12 13 14 15
Show all: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Kindred

yup... that is not normal behavior ---  and once again, I reiterate, without actually SEEING the issue, we can only provide so much assistance.

Quote from: Illori on March 11, 2016, 10:10:34 AM
we understand that, but it is not normal behavior so we need to see it to debug and figure out why it is happening. if you cant provide a link best i can say is start over with fresh files may solve the issue.

Слaва
Украинi

Nazzel

Quote from: Dav999 on March 11, 2016, 10:15:21 AM
Quote from: Nazzel on March 11, 2016, 10:05:53 AM
So does it look like this? (With 10 posts per page as an example)

Page 1: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Page 2: 11 12 13 14 15
Show all: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Yes.

Quote from: Kindred on March 11, 2016, 10:17:11 AM
yup... that is not normal behavior ---  and once again, I reiterate, without actually SEEING the issue, we can only provide so much assistance.

Quote from: Illori on March 11, 2016, 10:10:34 AM

I am sorry I cannot provide a link :(

Illori

so then you need to follow the link provided.

Nazzel

Steve

Since you have a private forum (as I do), just ask here if you can PM the link to one of the support staff. Make sure you ask first.
DO NOT pm me for support!

aegersz

What's a private forum, please ? does it permit guests ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Steve

In my case, no. No guests and no registrations without being invited.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: