Where is option to set the 'number of days' to delete "post-redirection topic"?

Started by Wellwisher, March 13, 2016, 09:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wellwisher

Hello SMF devs & community,

I stumbled upon this option two weeks ago and thought, I would set it later, when I am free. It's now my weekend off, and can't find this option - been searching for half an hour, now I give up.  :laugh:

Where is the option to set the 'number of days' a "post-redirection topic" to remain on SMF forum?

Illori

if that is what i think it is, it is an SMF 2.1 option and not present in SMF 2.0.

Wellwisher

Quote from: Illori on March 13, 2016, 11:20:38 AM
if that is what i think it is, it is an SMF 2.1 option and not present in SMF 2.0.

@Illori I saw it in 2.0, I am 100% sure I spotted it. I only have 2.0 installs. I have 2.1 on my local.

Basically the option is for getting rid of these "moved redirection topics" - the default within SMF options (somewhere) was set to 30 days:

For those who imgur may be blocked, I attached the same picture to this post message.

Shambles

Kindred

The automatic removal is only 2.1
The manual removal is, as Shambles point out, in maintenance
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Wellwisher

Quote from: Shambles on March 13, 2016, 11:53:36 AM
Admin > Maintenance > Forum Maintenance > Topics

I knew I wasn't crazy. Thanks Mr. Shambles, you earn't a ticket into my good graces.  ;)

Arhhhh dear SMF - a love and hate relationship.  :P Kodos to Shambles for finding it for me tbh, I was losing my mind. What the heck is that option doing there in the first place?!  ;D  It "Rubicks cube" all-over again; a lot of the times it feels like these SMF options are all over the place. Thanks again Shambles. ;D

Wellwisher

JUST TO MAKE SURE: So those moved topics pictured here:

... are called "Moved topic notices" right (pictured below)?  :-[

Wellwisher

Quote from: Shambles on March 13, 2016, 01:58:09 PM
They sure are.

Phew, I was scared it might cause normal topics to be earsed. It's the option being in Maintance that scared me.  ;D Thanks again Shambles.

Wellwisher

I got a problem, these "MOVED" topics are not being deleted, they are still in my board, suggestions?  ???

Shambles

Kindred

From the screen shot, it would seem that the topics were moved "today"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Wellwisher

Quote from: Kindred on March 13, 2016, 04:35:58 PM
From the screen shot, it would seem that the topics were moved "today"

@Shambles I moved those topics today and selected the 1 day option. So this means 24hrs need to pass before I can delete todays moved topics?

@Kindred I think this could be the problem. I will double check after a day or two, thanks Kindred.  8)

Thanks guys.  :)

Advertisement: