Post Anonymously In Topic

Started by dougiefresh, March 17, 2016, 01:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Quote from: uamsameter on September 19, 2016, 06:08:55 PM
dougiefresh,
accept my apologies for the misleading information. I was practically sleep-typing when I posted that reply. kindred can confirm that (I even posted the reply on a wrong topic that day).
the failed operation is in post.php

good news: I sort the issues out since dougiefresh told informed me of the bug in the simple view that day.

Apologies guys.
It's no problem, uamsameter!  I'm glad you got your issue(s) sorted out!

James Gryphon

In an attempt to resolve the issue I mentioned earlier with people being able to view anonymous posts they shouldn't in the Recent Posts screen, I hacked up this substitution:

Code (Find) Select
$id_mem = (empty($user_info['id']) ? 'm.id_member' : 'IF(m.anonymous ' . ($modSettings['PAM_mode'] == 3 ? '> 0' : '= {int:current_member}') . ', m.anonymous, m.id_member)');
Code (Replace) Select
$see_who = ($modSettings['PAM_mode'] < 2 ? false : ($modSettings['PAM_mode'] == 3 && allowedTo('see_who_posted_anonymously')));
$id_mem = (empty($user_info['id']) ? 'm.id_member' : 'IF(m.anonymous ' . ($see_who ? '> 0' : '= {int:current_member}') . ', m.anonymous, m.id_member)');

I've run it for most of a day and it seems to work so far. I'll get more information about whether this does the trick and if I introduced any new bugs as we keep using it.

dougiefresh

Quote from: James Gryphon on October 11, 2016, 08:46:39 PM
In an attempt to resolve the issue I mentioned earlier with people being able to view anonymous posts they shouldn't in the Recent Posts screen, I hacked up this substitution:

Code (Find) Select
$id_mem = (empty($user_info['id']) ? 'm.id_member' : 'IF(m.anonymous ' . ($modSettings['PAM_mode'] == 3 ? '> 0' : '= {int:current_member}') . ', m.anonymous, m.id_member)');
Code (Replace) Select
$see_who = ($modSettings['PAM_mode'] < 2 ? false : ($modSettings['PAM_mode'] == 3 && allowedTo('see_who_posted_anonymously')));
$id_mem = (empty($user_info['id']) ? 'm.id_member' : 'IF(m.anonymous ' . ($see_who ? '> 0' : '= {int:current_member}') . ', m.anonymous, m.id_member)');

I've run it for most of a day and it seems to work so far. I'll get more information about whether this does the trick and if I introduced any new bugs as we keep using it.
In what file did you make that edit?

James Gryphon

Recent.php, in the Sources directory.

pheng

QuoteThere are two new membergroup permissions added in the Admin Area:
o Post Anonymously
o See Who Posted Anonymously

Hello
Where I can find that, I did install and modified the board but Guest can not post

Thanks

dougiefresh

Quote from: James Gryphon on October 12, 2016, 12:05:22 PM
Recent.php, in the Sources directory.
You must be running version 1.0 of this mod, cause that is where I found that particular edit.  Please upgrade to version 1.5 before reporting bugs, as many bugs have been fixed since the initial release of the mod!  Thank you!

Quote from: pheng on October 12, 2016, 01:00:46 PM
Where I can find that, I did install and modified the board but Guest can not post
It's in the permissions area: Admin => Members => Permissions

James Gryphon

Quote from: dougiefresh on October 12, 2016, 07:42:35 PM
You must be running version 1.0 of this mod, cause that is where I found that particular edit.  Please upgrade to version 1.5 before reporting bugs, as many bugs have been fixed since the initial release of the mod!
All righty. I took the release notes to mean that those were the only changes that'd been done and that it didn't fix anything else.

After uninstalling the old version (first undoing my patch) and putting in the new, it looks like there's a bit of a hiccup -- people can't see that they posted their own anonymous posts unless they also have the "see anonymous posts" privilege, which then lets them see everybody's anonymous posts.

There also seems to be minor problems like not being able to view other members' anonymous posts in their post history, in the section showing previous posts in the topic when you're replying to them, when you have the view anonymous posts permission, and when merging topics, but those aren't showstoppers.

Unfortunately, there's a bug that is: with "Everyone who has proper permissions" visibility turned on, you can see who posted anonymously when looking at the most recent unread posts (at index.php?action=unread), whether you have the permission or not.

dougiefresh

:o Wow....  I'll definitely look into these bug reports....

blunted

would you be willing to install this for me ill pay, having errors i am unable to overcome

dougiefresh

Quote from: blunted on October 28, 2016, 12:50:55 PM
would you be willing to install this for me ill pay, having errors i am unable to overcome
Yeah, post the files that you are having problems with and what the Package Manager has to say about, like this:

1. Execute Code add_remove_hooks.php
* 2. Execute Modification ./Sources/Post.php Test successful
* 3. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Test successful
* 4. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Test successful
* 5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Sources/PortalBlocks.php Skipping file
* 7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/index.english.php Test successful
* 8. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/ManageSettings.english.php Test successful
9. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php Skipping file
10. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/ManageSettings.english-utf8.php Skipping file
11. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/index.spanish_latin-utf8.php Skipping file
12. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/ManageSettings.spanish_latin-utf8.php Skipping file
13. Delete File ./Sources/Subs-BBCode-YouTube.php
14. Delete File ./Themes/default/css/BBCode-YouTube2.css
15. Delete File ./Themes/default/images/bbc/youtube.gif
16. Delete File ./Themes/default/images/bbc/yt_search.gif
17. Delete File ./Themes/default/images/bbc/yt_user.gif

Maybe I can fix the mod so that it installs correctly without manual changes for you....

Sleezy

I didn't think you needed a mod to do this.
SMFNew Advocate for SMFNew (Dagger)

Kindred

You do.

Btw, your signature is really obnoxiously large....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sleezy

I can't change it. I don't have the tab that allows me to change my signature on my profile page. I don't know why. Do you know how to fix it?
SMFNew Advocate for SMFNew (Dagger)

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.6 - October 30th, 2016
o Mostly resolved install errors when using with the Likes mod.

Quote from: blunted on October 28, 2016, 12:50:55 PM
Hopefully, this update resolves the issues you sent me.  Please note that for the Sources/Profile-View.php, operation # 1 should fail and operation # 2 should be successful.  This is intentional and SHOULD allow the mod to correctly install itself on a forum with the Likes mod that you are using.   Additionally, it would be helpful to know which Likes mod you are using, so I can correctly update the readme.txt to reflect this.

If you wish to donate/pay, then please do so to PayPal address [email protected].  Thanks!

Quote from: James Gryphon on October 13, 2016, 05:44:01 PM
After uninstalling the old version (first undoing my patch) and putting in the new, it looks like there's a bit of a hiccup -- people can't see that they posted their own anonymous posts unless they also have the "see anonymous posts" privilege, which then lets them see everybody's anonymous posts.

There also seems to be minor problems like not being able to view other members' anonymous posts in their post history, in the section showing previous posts in the topic when you're replying to them, when you have the view anonymous posts permission, and when merging topics, but those aren't showstoppers.

Unfortunately, there's a bug that is: with "Everyone who has proper permissions" visibility turned on, you can see who posted anonymously when looking at the most recent unread posts (at index.php?action=unread), whether you have the permission or not.
This update does not address any of your bug reports.  For this, I apologize....

blunted

dont see anything in admin, a check box and 2 number boxes with no description and also get this at top

$txt['PAM_mode'] = 'Who Can See Anonymous Poster:'; $txt['PAM_mode0'] = 'No One. Also disables recording Member ID.'; $txt['PAM_mode1'] = 'No One.'; $txt['PAM_mode2'] = 'Only Original Poster (OP)'; $txt['PAM_mode3'] = 'Everyone with "See Who Posted Anonymously" permission.';

> needs to be added? forget which file

Kindred

No... ?> does not need to be ADDED... it needs to be moved to the end of the file.
Some other mod screwed up your language file (probably modifications.english.php) and then this mod tried to add strings to the end, but (because of the previous mod) added them after the ?>
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

blunted

Quote from: Kindred on November 02, 2016, 04:52:07 PM
No... ?> does not need to be ADDED... it needs to be moved to the end of the file.
Some other mod screwed up your language file (probably modifications.english.php) and then this mod tried to add strings to the end, but (because of the previous mod) added them after the ?>
ty!
Yeah couldnt 100% remember

blunted

James Gryphon

Quote from: dougiefresh on October 30, 2016, 10:48:13 PM
This update does not address any of your bug reports.  For this, I apologize....
That's fine; life is how it is sometimes.

I did have one idea for an addition to the mod -- perhaps add an option that lets the person who created the topic view anonymous posts in that topic? Ideally, this could be available as a secondary option for both the "everyone who can see anonymous posts" option, and with "only original poster".

Arantor

The problem with that is that you pretty much then need to delineate it to "topic starters in these boards can see the posters" and "topic starters in these boards cannot see the posters" making it a metric ton more complex.

Advertisement: