News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Post Anonymously In Topic

Started by dougiefresh, March 17, 2016, 01:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Quote from: James Gryphon on November 03, 2016, 01:36:57 AM
I did have one idea for an addition to the mod -- perhaps add an option that lets the person who created the topic view anonymous posts in that topic? Ideally, this could be available as a secondary option for both the "everyone who can see anonymous posts" option, and with "only original poster".
Let me think about this one some....  I've still got those few bugs to work out, and I've got so much to try to address....  :-\

Quote from: Arantor on November 03, 2016, 07:10:29 AM
The problem with that is that you pretty much then need to delineate it to "topic starters in these boards can see the posters" and "topic starters in these boards cannot see the posters" making it a metric ton more complex.
I'm not sure it'd be much more complex, as I'd have to do is check to see if the OP in the thread is the current user....  It's doable...

blunted

Quote from: blunted on November 02, 2016, 04:45:11 PM
dont see anything in admin, a check box and 2 number boxes with no description and also get this at top

$txt['PAM_mode'] = 'Who Can See Anonymous Poster:'; $txt['PAM_mode0'] = 'No One. Also disables recording Member ID.'; $txt['PAM_mode1'] = 'No One.'; $txt['PAM_mode2'] = 'Only Original Poster (OP)'; $txt['PAM_mode3'] = 'Everyone with "See Who Posted Anonymously" permission.';

> needs to be added? forget which file
any ideas?

also a nice feature would be members still being to see themselves posted.

James Gryphon

Quote from: dougiefresh on November 03, 2016, 10:03:49 AM
Let me think about this one some....  I've still got those few bugs to work out, and I've got so much to try to address....  :-\
That's all right; there's no rush.

Like I said to an opposing volleyball team one time when they were chirping at us to set up more quickly, greatness takes time!

Shambles

dont see anything in admin, a check box and 2 number boxes with no description and also get this at top

$txt['PAM_mode'] = 'Who Can See Anonymous Poster:'; $txt['PAM_mode0'] = 'No One. Also disables recording Member ID.'; $txt['PAM_mode1'] = 'No One.'; $txt['PAM_mode2'] = 'Only Original Poster (OP)'; $txt['PAM_mode3'] = 'Everyone with "See Who Posted Anonymously" permission.';

Quote from: blunted on November 03, 2016, 01:21:10 PM
any ideas?

The file should be Admin.english.php

blunted

Quote from: Shambles on November 03, 2016, 01:36:59 PM

Quote from: blunted on November 03, 2016, 01:21:10 PM
any ideas?

The file should be Admin.english.php
THANKYOU

There was a second occurence of ?> mixed in like I never seen before

FIXED and appreciate it!

blunted

ever since installing this im getting errors of anonymous table doesnt exist on numerous actions

Kindred

That suggests the that the database creation portion of the install was never run
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

blunted

kinda fixed the error by manually creating a table, not sure if its fully fixed

blunted

An Error Has Occurred!
The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: anonymous

guess not.
any idea how to fix?

dougiefresh

Looks like you're missing a column in the {db_prefix}messages table.

I would advise extracting the db_install.php file from the package, putting in the root of your forum, then executing it.  For example, if your forum was at www.xptsp.com/forum, then it would become www.xptsp.com/forum/db_install.php.  Once it's run, you can delete the file.

blunted

blunted

PyroTech03

I have run into a similar issue as well...Multiple failed tests on install too.  Tried manually inserting the code that it's failing on, but run into the issue of annonymous being added to database.  Field was present on db.

running SMF 2.0.12 currently.  Running 1.6 of the mod.  What sort of info do I need to provide to help with solving this?

Thanks in advanced!
YouTube personality PyroTech03 http://www.youtube.com/pyrotech03stream [nofollow]

Owner of Obtenebration Network, home for YouTube gaming content creators and fans! http://www.obten.net [nofollow]

dougiefresh

I haven't looked at the mod lately, mostly because of work and other things......

blunted

any idea when you might?
its ruining several areas of my board

blunted

dougiefresh

I'm working on the mod.  I've run into a situation where the forum gives a white screen of death, after logging in as a tester (regular member membegroup) that has the "can post anonymously" but not the "can see anonymous posts" permission..... 

dougiefresh

Quote from: PyroTech03 on November 14, 2016, 02:08:18 AM
I have run into a similar issue as well...Multiple failed tests on install too.  Tried manually inserting the code that it's failing on, but run into the issue of annonymous being added to database.  Field was present on db.

running SMF 2.0.12 currently.  Running 1.6 of the mod.  What sort of info do I need to provide to help with solving this?

Thanks in advanced!
Well, just telling me it failed on multiple operations doesn't really help me....  Letting me know which operations and having a copy of the affected file attached to a post would greatly help me in assisting you.

PyroTech03

I'll get that prolly after weekend due to the holidays.

I only mention that it failed multiple tests on install as I did the manual edits it was trying for myself afterwards and still had problems.

Did anonymous change to anon as a variable on some version? That seemed to have come up if I recall correctly.
YouTube personality PyroTech03 http://www.youtube.com/pyrotech03stream [nofollow]

Owner of Obtenebration Network, home for YouTube gaming content creators and fans! http://www.obten.net [nofollow]

dougiefresh

Quote from: PyroTech03 on November 24, 2016, 11:27:25 PM
I'll get that prolly after weekend due to the holidays.

I only mention that it failed multiple tests on install as I did the manual edits it was trying for myself afterwards and still had problems.
I'm working on rewriting the mod at this time, fixing as many bugs as I can and unifying the decisions across all operations....  That being said, any specific information helps on diagnosing these reports....

Quote from: PyroTech03 on November 24, 2016, 11:27:25 PM
Did anonymous change to anon as a variable on some version? That seemed to have come up if I recall correctly.
No clue.  I'm looking into this bug report, too....

Advertisement: