Post Anonymously In Topic

Started by dougiefresh, March 17, 2016, 01:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blunted

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.0 - November 26th, 2016
o Added code to globalize related database decisions into function in Subs-PAIT.php
o Moved permissions and settings code into Subs-PAIT.php.
o Moved all new language strings into seperate language files.
o Fixed error that occurs when changing a post to/from anonymous.
o Fixed issue where users couldn't see their own anonymous post.
o Fixed issue where user that posted anonymous post wasn't able to edit said post.
o Fixed issue where anonymous status wasn't automatically retained while editing.

@Everybody:  Hopefully, this update will solve the bug reports that have been filed with enough information to address them.  Please note that SMF 2.1 isn't covered by these changes yet, so please, no complaints about that.....

Quote from: blunted on November 25, 2016, 10:15:52 PM
verifying signups is one area
A URL to the area affected (ie: ?actions=verify_signups) would be helpful.....  O:)  Plus, "verifying signups is one area" what?

blunted

in the admin when you verify a new user...

that is just one area the database issue is occurring

blunted

i think the update may have fixed it

dougiefresh

Quote from: blunted on November 26, 2016, 02:06:07 PM
i think the update may have fixed it
Thank you for the feedback!

Quote from: dougiefresh on April 22, 2016, 07:17:07 AM
What I can is add more links to automatically make the post anonymous
This has been completed for the next version....

Quote from: James Gryphon on April 22, 2016, 05:32:13 AM
The problem we have right now is that members can still see, in "Who's Online", when somebody is posting somewhere. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out, when the list says that so-and-so is posting in a thread and an anonymous post shows up there not long after, who most likely made it. ;) This might not be a problem for huge boards where nobody could possibly keep track of everything everybody's doing, but in a smaller community like ours it's a factor to consider.
I'm working on this particular issue for next version....

EDIT:  I should have said "Working on this idea from several different angles"....

Quote from: James Gryphon on November 03, 2016, 01:36:57 AM
I did have one idea for an addition to the mod -- perhaps add an option that lets the person who created the topic view anonymous posts in that topic? Ideally, this could be available as a secondary option for both the "everyone who can see anonymous posts" option, and with "only original poster".
Working on this idea right now....

dougiefresh

Quote from: James Gryphon on November 03, 2016, 01:36:57 AM
I did have one idea for an addition to the mod -- perhaps add an option that lets the person who created the topic view anonymous posts in that topic? Ideally, this could be available as a secondary option for both the "everyone who can see anonymous posts" option, and with "only original poster".
This screenshow shows what I've got so far for the feature request from awhile ago....  Gonna try to add a listing of boards to pick to allow anonymous posts on....

What do ya think?  (Yes, I moved the settings AGAIN....)

James Gryphon

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.1 - November 30th, 2016
o Added code to allow user to click to make a post anonymous or not from the post display screen.
o Added new permission to allow topic starters to see who posted anonymously within the board.
o Added option to hide user while editing an anonymous post on the board.
o Added code so that user is hidden while posting once "Anonymous Post" checkbox is checked.
o Added code so that user can start an anonymous post from the Topic Display pages.
o Moved the settings for this mod onto a seperate page under Modification Settings.
o Added new permission selection settings to the mod settings.
o Added list of boards capable of anonymous posting to the mod settings.
o NOTE: SMF 2.1 installer brought up to date with version 2.0 changes.

@Everybody:  This update should address the feature request made by James Gryphon.  It is almost complete, except for the fact that recent posts and topics don't quite work properly.  I have to look much further into the code to see what I need to change in order to get the "Topic Starters" feature introduced in this version to work properly there....  I have too much other stuff to work on, so I'm going to try to get the other mods' working properly, then come back to this....

blunted

broke my ability to remove posts

dougiefresh

Quote from: blunted on December 14, 2016, 08:21:36 PM
broke my ability to remove posts
So many questions.....  Sigh.

Are you the admin of the forum? (It shouldn't matter, but it'd be nice to know)

What is the anonymous post setting in Modification Settings?  Is the post in question your own?  Is it someone elses?

Kindred

Jeez...   we tracked down the bug and the user has the original error report..  but apoarently gly, when we told him to ask for help here, he decided to post a generic, useless report.

It's a database error ... your mod changes some of the db queries in removeTopicsand apparently changes something improperly
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

blunted

I had actually pasted a link to the thread or so i thought.  Was.on my phone which sucks at copy paste appologies..

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=550481.msg3903596#msg3903596

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.2 - December 15th, 2016
o Fixed error in RemoveTopics function that broke the ability to remove posts.

@blunted and @Kindred:  Thank you for both the bug report and the solution to said bug report!!  It's been included in this update.

@Kindred:  Yeah, I see what you mean about the "generic, useless report" he posted....

@blunted: No worries!  We got it!

James Gryphon

Hi Doug,
QuoteAdded code to allow user to click to make a post anonymous or not from the post display screen.

Does this check to see whether posting anonymously is permitted in that board? I ask just because the button seems to be showing up all over the forum, and I wanted to know if it was a problem with the mod or a problem with my installation.

dougiefresh

Quote from: James Gryphon on January 23, 2017, 11:01:08 PM
Does this check to see whether posting anonymously is permitted in that board? I ask just because the button seems to be showing up all over the forum, and I wanted to know if it was a problem with the mod or a problem with my installation.
Um....  I may have missed something.  Let me look into this bug report!

blunted

Installed the update however now before each subject of the thread it has

Array :

Also anyway to change it from saying guest as the poster?

I assume this is from the boardindex.template

Here is my start of that code insertion
<strong>', $board['last_post']['anon'], $txt['last_post'], '</strong> 

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.3 - February 10th, 2017
o Changed default sort direction to descending.
o Fixed issue where clicking on pages in "Participated In" goes back to "Topics Created" page.

Quote from: James Gryphon on January 23, 2017, 11:01:08 PM
This update should fix the issue you brought up!  Thank you for the bug report!

Quote from: blunted on February 08, 2017, 11:20:44 AM
Installed the update however now before each subject of the thread it has

Array :
I can't reproduce this bug report. 

I assume this is from the boardindex.template
If it is before the subject of each thread, then that would place it in MessageIndex.template.php, not BoardIndex.template.php.....

Also anyway to change it from saying guest as the poster?
If it is an anonymous post, it should say Anonymous, not Guest

If you want to change that string, it is in Themes/default/languages/PAIT.english.php, under:
$txt['anonymous'] = 'Anonymous';

blunted

It is in the overall board view.
So youre saying to remove that change in boardindex?

dougiefresh

Can you attach a screenshot so that I can see what you're talking about?  Because I'm not sure we are on the same page.....

dougiefresh

Got the pic.  Hmmmm.....  Board index problem.  Will look into it.

Advertisement: