News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] UBB.threads 7.5

Started by emanuele, October 26, 2013, 12:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GigaWatt

Quote from: petergariepy on April 23, 2018, 05:50:42 PM
An Error Has Occurred!
Package upload failed due to the following error:
"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."

Did you do what was proposed in the error?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Ruben Rocha

importing ip ban lists.
For the sake of argument.
Ubb uses % not * which I can run a update query to fix that.
But the issue goes from
the ban list has bans like
192.168.0.*
192.168.*.*
or even 192.*.*.*

It always fails in the importer.
What would be the proper format to edit the existing ip ban list.
for ones that have a top level ip ban.
that will be accepted.

There are like 5000 ip bans so it is hard to manually preview them.

GigaWatt

Quote from: Ruben Rocha on June 04, 2018, 03:01:41 PM
But the issue goes from
the ban list has bans like
192.168.0.*
192.168.*.*
or even 192.*.*.*

???... who in their right mind would put that range in a ban list ???... it's a reserved range for private LANs, no one can have a public IP starting with 192.168.

Why not add 127.0.0.1 to the list as well ::).

Quote from: Ruben Rocha on June 04, 2018, 03:01:41 PM
What would be the proper format to edit the existing ip ban list.

Empty out the entire column with the IP bans. IP bans are pointless anyway. Exceptions are some rare cases with bot spam and or DDoS attacks... but a more efficient way to handle them would be through htaccess, not by IP ban lists in the forum itself.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

Ruben Rocha

The 192.168.0 was an example to show only where the wildcards are placed not actual ip's in the ban list.

GigaWatt

Oh, good... for a moment there I thought someone actually banned 192.16.*.* ::) ;D.

Did you empty out the IP bans column?

UPDATE table_name SET column_name = ''

Do a database backup first.

Ruben Rocha

Even before your reply I did that and it runs successfully .
I have been using a backup copy for a beta run.
By my question still remains what would be the proper format for a wildcard in a ip?
92.XXX.XXX.XXX
what would I replace the x with?

I am doing the conversion not the owner and I think they want it so.
I mean I could just delete the banned ip's with a wild card. But.....

GigaWatt

Quote from: Ruben Rocha on June 07, 2018, 12:41:29 PM
By my question still remains what would be the proper format for a wildcard in a ip?
92.XXX.XXX.XXX
what would I replace the x with?

In SMF or UBB.threads? If it's in SMF, I can do a test IP ban and check what's written in the database if you want ;).

Ruben Rocha

I am not going to worry about it I deleted all the ip's with wildcards in the ban list and it works.
For what it is worth I found one mis configured ip while doing so.
But I am not going to revisit it.
I am moving on.
Thanks anyway.

Ruben Rocha

FYI,
This importer works fine all the way to ubb 7.6.1.1
I have done three different versions in ubb 7.5.7 7.6.0 and 7.6.1.1 all working

However the errors some users have reported is due to corrupted data in ubb, which happens.

I have figured out how to fix the errors plus with manual queries import almost everything from ubb using this version.

Polls however are hit and miss.

PS,
This version should be on the converter page with some caveats.
The current version in the converters page is for wwwThreads only the precursor to ubbThreads.

Advertisement: