News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[2.0][bloctheme] ModernStyle v1.0.3

Started by Bloc, March 28, 2016, 08:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloc

I know - but its already done lol. :)

Yes, how often..because when I wanted to use them in the past I found myself *not* using them since I had to provide any styling myself - the whole point of nicely formatted table was simply not there . At least this way you don't have to: just start using them, add data, done.

Same with bbc image tag, I added a max-width to it so that it never goes out of the post, unless other content push it of course.

Antechinus

You might consider adding a max-height too. Can be useful for keeping very tall and narrow images under control, occasionally. But good idea to add limits to the standard image tag.

Bloc

Modernstyle v1.0.4

- Fixed issue with missing span in gallery Display.template
- Added option to increase the height from top on large logos. Fixed using a custom logo.
- Themeblock for TP fixed.
- Added new variants: "grey", "haze" and "forest"
- Changes in styles for gallery/blog boards
- added missing(!) bbc quote/code styles.
- added bbc_img style with max-width to stop overflowing images
- added style to bbc_table for better table presentation
- Admin menu collapsed on default on mobile view
- category list hidden on mobile view
- added more media queries. Mobile devices get the 1-column/buttons-instead-of-links design, but if their width increase(like tablets) the grids still use multiple columns. Below a certain width on both mobile and desktop the columns collapse to 1 column.

Variants Demo
[grey] [haze] [forest]   [light] [dark]

Pictures

Update/Download
Download the ModernStyle104_20.zip from the link below and overwrite the files - or upload the files/zip for a new installation within admin / Themes & Settings.

http://demos.bjornhkristiansen.com/index.php?topic=3.0

Kindred

hmmm.....

When shrinking down to narrow, I notice that the menu goes form the minimal word menu to the full menu, but using icons...   and blog/gallery no longer have a spot in the menu.
Also, memberlist, personal messages and moderate all use an "M" icon instead of an image...   Logout uses an "L"

There is no "new post" option when I click the menu gallery or blog link.  Actually, most of the linktree seems to be missing as well

When I go to the gallery via the menu link, it shows a preview of the attachment...
When I click through the linktree to the same location - the preview does not show... it shows an image which reads "BLOG"

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bloc

Many of these are deliberate choices.

I am will check the pure errors, but right now its not my main focus. With a whopping 23 downloads of the theme its not exactly inspiring to spend more time on it. I guess people don't really have a need for it. Lesson to be learned here I guess...

Antechinus

Well, it's hidden in the Theme Previews board, not available on the Theme Site, so chances are hardly anyone will ever see it.

Anyway, the only reason for pigging around with SMF theme coding is because you feel like doing it.

Biology Forums

Sadly, also putting a price on things makes it more valuable in people's eyes

Antechinus

Damned right. I'd never use any of that poxy free software. :D

Bloc

You are probably right, both of you. :) But 3000 views here and 30-40 downloads on my site speaks for itself.

Oh well, it was the interest of working with SMF themes that led me to it so I guess I have myself to blame if time spent != interest showed. I *could* offer a watered-down version which the SMF themesite accepts - if only to see if any more interest is to be had then - but my growing suspicion is that this isn't actually about that either, its more than current SMF forum users/admins actually *prefer* its ageing looks and only choose SMF because of it. Making SMF more blog-like or social-media-like will probably alienate them even further...

I should probably do the opposite - make Curve-based, blocky and spreadsheet-like themes that existing SMF users are happy with lol. But wheres the fun in that...

Antes

You are hopeless Bloc. Those rules were here for a long time (maybe more than 6 years?), yet you come forward and think you gonna be treated differently. Comply with the rules or distribute your themes via another place.

Bloc

Quite right, Antes. Though it was a fun experience, but I guess all is now said and done.

Oh, and if you would be so kind as to delete this topic - or at least lock it - since those options are not available to me. Theres another preview topic of the same theme - please do the same to that.

Advertisement: