News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Beta 3 language problem

Started by GrCOTE7, March 29, 2016, 05:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrCOTE7

Hi, all

Yes congrats for a such version (y) !

Globally, all works as well.

I note that I need to use it for french users...

As soon as I put an index-french-utf8.template.php 's file, in a languages folder in my persoonely theme, i get errors reported.

(Except that, no dysfonctionnement - All works very well, everywhere)

The only trouble I saw is where we read a post, and come back, I saw admin alerts... (+3 same error eache time I get on a post)

Here the screen of this message:

GrCOTE7
Aujourd'hui à 11:48 am
f55e04fc9bc5acee5dfb0c7fcdbb9ade

Type d'erreur: Éléments indéfinis
8: Undefined index: mobile_action

http://Fassecofr/index.php?topic=1.msg6
Fichier: C:/wamp/www/w/wwwassec/public_html/forum_asseco_fr/Themes/default/Display.template.php
Ligne: 191

Note you can see I work in local, but in distant server, same thing...

Illori

that is a text string. did you check that all the new strings are in your file?

<a class="button mobile_act">', $txt['mobile_action'],'</a>

your cant use language files from SMF 2.0 with SMF 2.1.

Kindred

Please do not hijack someone else's thread with your own questions.  Start your own thread.

also - language files should - in general - not go into a directory of your CUSTOM theme... they should be loaded into the language directory in the DEFAULT theme
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

GrCOTE7

Thanks, all.

Ok, I believed that overwritting was possible (It seems to me that before 2.1b2, this works well)...

And it was good to only change what needed...

GrCOTE7

I just precise that if I had for french users:

// Mobile Actions
$txt['mobile_action'] = 'Actions';
$txt['mobile_moderation'] = 'Moderation';

in a index.french-utf8.php, in a new languages folder in a personnal theme, all works well, and so, we don't have to change original index.french-utf8.pphp in default theme (y) (Overwritting is OK) !

Antes

That might be my fault, I didn't update the language strings in here for some time, even some langauges files still have old $txt['login']. Unless someone else has time to do that, I'm planning to update strings after 4 April.

Advertisement: