Avatars on Board and/or MessageIndex

Started by Pipke, April 05, 2016, 06:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

i had to remove this mod to track down a problem where apache became unstable after installing the mod.

i hope that it fixes my problem but have no idea why it would do this.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Pipke

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 28, 2016, 05:00:15 PM
Possible bug in this mod -

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=546825.msg3880819#msg3880819

yes i know that bug, there are more bugs, wich are not found yet by public but i know them and how to solve them, i'm working on it wich will take time.
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

aegersz

removing the mod has fixed my webserver stability issues (MaxClients exhausted), if it's not too early to say so.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Pipke

mod updated to v1.4 (fully hook), with fixes! So please update if you have earlier version installed and let me know if all went ok for your site or not? thx for testing /using this mod.

Demo: http://nrns-games.com
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Wellwisher

All in all, nice work, a few minor bugs but looks much better:

1. Once installed, mod adds the letters "abm" on last post. Fixed it on the index page and attached the file. Still shows up on child-boards though so have a look.

2. Uninstalling it gives leaves me with this error:

Here's line 22 from in file message.index.php. I compared to the original message.index.php file so you can see the bug:

3. Members with no avatars, this is what happens:

Pipke

Quote from: Wellwisher on July 13, 2016, 02:44:36 AM
All in all, nice work, a few minor bugs but looks much better:

1. Once installed, mod adds the letters "abm" on last post. Fixed it on the index page and attached the file. Still shows up on child-boards though so have a look.

2. Uninstalling it gives leaves me with this error:

Here's line 22 from in file message.index.php. I compared to the original message.index.php file so you can see the bug:

3. Members with no avatars, this is what happens:

Quote from: Wellwisher on April 20, 2016, 03:27:17 PM
Quote from: Pipke on April 20, 2016, 07:38:07 AM
@Wellwisher can you post your site url(with mod installed), so i can take look?

Much respect @Pipke but I always run new mods locally to test against my latest live production set-up.

Seems you dont check on localsite on first, as if you did you would noticed all went ok, now you post bugs from site screenies wich look to me are modified theme templates!

Wellwisher

Quote from: Pipke on July 13, 2016, 07:26:21 AM
Seems you dont check on localsite on first, as if you did you would noticed all went ok, now you post bugs from site screenies wich look to me are modified theme templates!

I contributed an improved code/ file, which I've attached for you in my previous comment.  :) The rest are my bug findings which I relayed to you.
I own a fairly popular production forum so I always need to test (for a good few days) on local first. I install and then uninstall mod(s) which I plan to use and check to see everything works. I cut out my website name in those screens but the rest is all wysiwyg.  :-\

These are the mods I have on my local test install:

Theme: Inferno by dzinerstudio.com - who are the best smf theme coders in my opinion. I love their work and designs.
Smf version: 2.0.11

01. SimplePortal 2.3.6    
02. GoogAd Mod v.1.4 1.3
03. Ad Managment 3.2
04. @mention members 1.1.2
05. Add Facebook Like, Tweet, and Google +1 1.0.3a
06. Bookmarks 2.5
07. SMF Likes Plus 1.5    
08. Add Social Media Icons To Profiles 1.1.0    
09. Simple Audio Video Embedder 2.1.1

br360

I'm getting the "abm" on last post as well on the board index. Interesting though in that it is only happening to some of the installed themes and not all of them.

Example with one theme where it's fine-

Same exact site using another theme showing the abm-

aegersz

Will the new version stop Apache from maxing out it's  clients ?

Pipke

Quote from: aegersz on July 14, 2016, 02:49:41 AM
Will the new version stop Apache from maxing out it's  clients ?

no idea, you should test that. ive never seen issues with that on my test site.

aegersz

Thanks. It's my live site that does it but I don't want to risk it just yet ... maybe later.

It was this mod that caused the issue but it may be it's interaction with another mod, also.

Just my luck, dammit. It's a nice mod too.

MartiMedia

Hi pipke, thanks for the update, it looks amazing! I observed only one problem (on my test forum software): after installing the mod the 'search' functionality of smf doesn't work anymore. When I type in a search query I receive this smf error: An Error Has Occurred!
Wrong value type sent to the database. Array of integers expected. (id).. When I unistall the mod the search function works again. I hope it's helpful I reported this error and of course that you can fix it... I really love the idea of this mod and can't wait to use it on my produtction forum! Cheers mate! MM

Pipke

Quote from: Wellwisher on July 13, 2016, 11:34:30 AM

These are the mods I have on my local test install:

Theme: Inferno by dzinerstudio.com - who are the best smf theme coders in my opinion. I love their work and designs.
Smf version: 2.0.11

I checked on inferno theme and looks ok on my test site(see attachment). just weird?

Pipke

Quote from: br360 on July 14, 2016, 12:59:32 AM
I'm getting the "abm" on last post as well on the board index. Interesting though in that it is only happening to some of the installed themes and not all of them.

Same exact site using another theme showing the abm-

br360 wich theme is that? and dl link?

coltp45

br360

Quote from: Pipke on July 14, 2016, 08:38:00 AM
br360 wich theme is that? and dl link?

Not sure it will help because It's a paid theme called Material Forms- http://demo.studiocrimes.com/index.php?theme=29

I can send you a link to my site that is using it if you would like

Pipke

mod updated to v1.5 with serveral fixes.

- Fixed: Last post link icon to topic was unclickable
- Fixed: The 'abm' text in last column on other costum themes! (fingers crossed how it will go from now on?)
- Fixed: Database error, given array of integer values is empty
- Fixed: Some undefined index errors

Another thing is when you see something like 'abm_id=3709' instead of an avatar icon, the avatar attachment is deleted from your attachment folder on your server. To avoid that you can do -> edit te particular users profile and set it to 'No Avatar' or -> Uncomment some code lines in the abm_code.php file wich are:

//Uncomment below lines if you want to check for attachment avatars that are deleted from server, note that this will make the pages load longer!
//if( strpos($avatar, 'type=avatar') !== false)
//{
// if (!@getimagesize($avatar))
// $avatar = $settings['images_url']. '/abm_avatar.gif';
//}

note that this will make the pages load longer!

Wellwisher

Installs and uninstalls safely without a problem now so VERY good work Pipke.  :)

Two more bugs remain.

1. Still see "abm" text on index page and on childboards.
2. No avatar problem aka "abm_id=3709"

I think I might be able to help with the abm text problem, I will look into it this weekend. You're getting there mate well done.

Advertisement: