News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Avatars on Board and/or MessageIndex

Started by Pipke, April 05, 2016, 06:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pipke

Quote from: maglix04 on December 06, 2017, 02:16:59 PM
Thank you for this beautiful mod, but it do not use proxy in avatar images in the forum's home
Solution?
Quote from: Dav999 on December 27, 2017, 10:30:45 PM
I've been using this mod for a month now and I like it. :)

It just doesn't seem to be compatible with PHP 7.1. On PHP 7.0.26 the mod works fine, but if I try using PHP 7.1.12, the forum index breaks:

Both fixed in updated v2.0, thx for reporting!

Version 2.0 - Dec 28, 2017
- Fixed: Illegal string offset 'value' (due > PHP 7.1)
- Added: Proxy for external avatar urls
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

maglix04

Dav999

coltp45

Hi, its posible to use SSL with this mods?

Im using a external image proxy.

Pipke

"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Wauking

Hey, great mod and I have it working just fine however I get a "by abm" above almost each post on the main index. The picture below shows what I mean, any idea how to fix?

Pipke

Quote from: Wauking on August 16, 2018, 07:41:53 AM
Hey, great mod and I have it working just fine however I get a "by abm" above almost each post on the main index. The picture below shows what I mean, any idea how to fix?

can you post your site url (with access for guests) or the theme your using with download link or where i can see a preview.

br360

Hey Pipke.

I just installed the 2.0 version using the DokuzHarf theme.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2870

I have the "abm" on the board index for that theme as well. This theme also has the generic icon profile image in the last post area so not sure if that has anything to do with it. I did try removing that generic icon code from the theme's index.css though and that didn't seem to remove the abm, so not too sure.

Please see attachment

Pipke

Quote from: br360 on December 01, 2018, 05:21:13 PM
Hey Pipke.

I just installed the 2.0 version using the DokuzHarf theme.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2870

I have the "abm" on the board index for that theme as well. This theme also has the generic icon profile image in the last post area so not sure if that has anything to do with it. I did try removing that generic icon code from the theme's index.css though and that didn't seem to remove the abm, so not too sure.

Please see attachment

Replace the attached file in Sources folder, it should fix the issue only for the DokuzHarf theme, if not let me know.

br360

Hero2019

Hi,

Could you please adapt this mod to the RC1?

Thanks in advance.

Arantor

Quote from: Hero2019 on February 14, 2019, 06:42:47 AM
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Given that I think RC1 has most of the code required to do this...

Hero2019

Unfortunately, I do not see an adjustment option for RC1.

Arantor

I don't have an RC1 install handy, and if it is in RC1 it won't be in the same place and I think it may need a tweak to enable it since I think it is forcibly disabled (but hey, using something that is essentially still pre-release software can mean quite big bugs)

SychO

Quote from: Arantor on February 14, 2019, 09:07:12 AM
I don't have an RC1 install handy, and if it is in RC1 it won't be in the same place and I think it may need a tweak to enable it since I think it is forcibly disabled (but hey, using something that is essentially still pre-release software can mean quite big bugs)

// Set the following variable to true if this theme wants to display the avatar of the user that posted the last post on the board index.
$settings['avatars_on_boardIndex'] = false;

I'm not sure but once you set it to true I believe you still have to edit the template files to output the avatar, setting it to true only loads the data
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Arantor

Huh, could have sworn it was functional entirely just for the hack to the theme index. Or maybe I fixed this a year ago in my fork and never realised.

Suki

Quote from: SychO on February 14, 2019, 10:45:19 AM

I'm not sure but once you set it to true I believe you still have to edit the template files to output the avatar, setting it to true only loads the data

Yes, that setting is there to avoid doing source edits, set it to true on your theme's index.template and you will have access to avatars data on board index.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

gecitli

index.template.php

find
// Set the following variable to true is this theme wants to display the avatar of the user that posted the last post on the board index.
$settings['avatars_on_boardIndex'] = false;

replace

// Set the following variable to true is this theme wants to display the avatar of the user that posted the last post on the board index.
$settings['avatars_on_boardIndex'] = true;

Boardindex.template.php

find

<p>', $board['last_post']['last_post_message'], '</p>

replace
<p>'.$board['last_post']['member']['avatar']['image'].' ', $board['last_post']['last_post_message'], '</p>
http://www.webtiryaki.com
webmaster forumu
Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Pipke

Quote from: Hero2019 on February 14, 2019, 06:42:47 AM
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

for this info i'm working currently on a update for this mod for SMF 2.1 RC

Hero2019

Advertisement: