News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Problem upgrading database to 2.1

Started by PhuriousGeorge, April 09, 2016, 06:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhuriousGeorge

I wanted to test 2.1, so I decided to bring a site online that hasn't been around for awhile. When the site went down, I was running 2.0.8, so I went ahead and upgraded from 2.0.8 -> 2.0.11, then attempted the 2.1 upgrade.

I didn't get the tick boxes to enable better debugging, etc

I'm at step 4 updating the database, and it's freezing at 71%

Executing: "Messenger fields" (17 of 42)

Any suggestions?

Kindred

what version of the 2.1 branch are you trying to use?   The one form this site or the most recent one from github?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

PhuriousGeorge

I tried the major upgrade version from this site and got this error upon loading the upgrade.php:

BLOB/TEXT column 'txt' can't have a default value

The current one I'm using is from the release branch of GitHub.

Illori

https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/3385

there is no solution for that at the moment. if you want to move forward i think the only work around would be to use a lower version of mysql.

PhuriousGeorge

Interesting I'm not getting that error via the GitHub dl though.

Which version should I focus on? GitHub or the dl here?

So you mentioned lower version of MySQL, but MissAllDaySunday mentioned setting MySQL40 didn't work.  Any suggestions on a version to use?

Will have to see if I can get an out-dated LAMP stack since I'd rather play locally than on use my slow upload speed for now ;)

Kindred

in general, github is the correct place to download the most recent development version.   In this case, he github version has dozens or more bugs fixed from the b2 release
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

PhuriousGeorge

Thanks Kindred. I was able to finally get the tickboxes to display so I could debug the installation and submitted a issue on GitHub.  Looks like it's tied to custom fields somehow.

qubbah

Any improvement to resolve this problem?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

shawnb61

The upgrader works very well right now.   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: