$$ 1.1.x to 2.0.x Upgrade help needed.

Started by NukeWorker.com, April 10, 2016, 11:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NukeWorker.com

I need help from a seasoned veteran.  I am willing to pay.  Send me an email with your credentials, and fee.

I can't get the install script to get past the first step.  Also, that page is displayed without css.

I downloaded the recent upgrade.zip
I made a local copy of my forum. "forum - copy"
I copied upgrade over the local forum copy.
I uploaded with filezilla, forcing binary.
I renamed "forum' to forum = old', and "forum - copy" to 'forum'
I ran "upgrade.php"
The first screen says "Thank you for choosing to upgrade to SMF 2.0.11. All files appear to be in place, and we're ready to proceed."
I login with forum admin credentials, and click continue.
It says:
Executing upgrade script 1 of 2.
Executing:
"Updating and creating indexes..." (1 of 19 - of this script)
Error!Unknown Error!

And stops.  'Continue' button is grey, and progress never proceeds.  Even if left to run for an hour.

Sir Osis of Liver

What version did you start with?  I'm not seeing upgrade.php in your /forum directory.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

margarett

Some notes which might help you. Feel free to post here http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=50.0 if you still want to pay someone for the job ;)

Quote from: NukeWorker.com on April 10, 2016, 11:11:50 PM
I downloaded the recent upgrade.zip
Which file was it (the complete file name, please)? There is no "upgrade.zip" file from simplemachines.org ;)

Quote from: NukeWorker.com on April 10, 2016, 11:11:50 PM
I made a local copy of my forum. "forum - copy"
I renamed "forum' to forum = old', and "forum - copy" to 'forum'
You can't do that, and that's why your upgrade page has that "white and ugly" background :P

You need to fully duplicate your forum, then make sure that the copy is running smoothly *before* upgrade is launched. It's a must-have: the "old" forum *must* be running for the upgrade to work!
So you:
0 - backup your files and database!
1 - duplicate your forum folder (like you did)
2 - duplicate your database. Don't skip this or you'll "mess" the live forum
3 - run repair_settings on your duplicate forum. Fix the database so that it points to the copy and fix the paths so that everything also points to the copy.
4 - now load the large upgrade over the copy forum. Run the upgrade.

Now you should have an upgraded copy of your forum. If you want to do this on your live forum, just backup and load the large upgrade over the "forum" folder directly ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: