News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Change Message Font with CSS3

Started by chris319, April 15, 2016, 04:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris319

I'm probably doing this all wrong, but to my surprise I was able to change the font in a message using the following code:

[html]

<body>
<style type="text/css" media="screen, print">

@font-face {font-family: Antonio-Regular; src: url("../Themes/default/fonts/Antonio-Regular.ttf");}

div {font-family: Antonio-Regular;}
div {font-size: 16px;}

</style>

WOOO! A different font!

</body>
[/html]

The font is loaded in ../Themes/default/fonts.

Unfortunately this not only changes the font within the message but also in several other places on the page. Does anyone know of a way to restrict the change in font to the current message?

There may well be problems with my CSS3 code, but this is a start. Suggestions and modifications are invited.

Kindred

there are several problems with that code....

the first of which is - you should not be using the body tag...   that is already opened on the page.

second - you should use INLINE styles to define a font in the middle of a page like that....

third - you defined the css for a div...   for ALL divs. You should be using a class or an id
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

You need to target .inner class. If you want to change only and only post's font.

/* Custom Font Loading */
@font-face {
   font-family: Antonio;
   src: url(../fonts/Antonio/Antonio-Light.ttf);
}
.inner {
   font-family: Antonio;
}

Advertisement: