News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

colors...

Started by Bourgondian, May 01, 2016, 09:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bourgondian

I installed my forum in the 2.1 version (not really aware that this version had no templates and such :(), It works fine, but recently I wanted to change the main colors...
I want to have a black background, and if possible a dark background to the whole forum..

After a lot of searching and testing (I am no IT guy, I can't program.. but in the past I managed with templates, which is easy ofcourse..) I finally have to admit I can't do this (perhaps very simple?) thing.
IF it is not too difficult can someone please help me?

IF it is too difficult, can I downgrade my forum to a 2.0 version so I can use a mod or ready styled template?

Thanks (and sorry, when installing this forum I had no idea that templates would not work in this version and yes, I know that is my own fault...).

Viktor

qc

Can you give us a link to your forum (if it is online already) and the colors you want to use?
Playing quizduell? Having quizduell questions? Our german quizduell forum quizcommunity.de is looking for quiz freaks to come and play quizduell with us :)

Kindred

you can not downgrade an existing forum...

if it's brand new... then no problem. delete the 2.1 beta installation and database and install 2.0.11

there is a reason why we have big warnings that 2.1 is in BETA...   and should not be used on a production site.

You are going to run into other issues - even if you get the colors right...   because the versions in beta contain no upgrade path between versions. It is assumed that users will remove the previous version and install the new beta... (again, why we say "do not use on a production site")
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

And upgrading from 2.1 beta 2 to beta 3 currently has some interesting issues...

Antes

Quote from: Arantor on May 01, 2016, 10:31:35 AM
And upgrading from 2.1 beta 2 to beta 3 currently has some interesting issues...

If you created your forum with UTF8, upgrade goes smoothly. The upgrade bug only effects forums w/o UTF8. Also afaik beta2 still has convert utf8 option inside it (we removed that with beta3-build), so unless that convert-func. broken :P you can convert to utf8 then run upgrade to avoid the issue.

Arantor

Nah, the serialise to JSON converter chokes if the data was already in JSON, where it grabs it, tries to unserialise, ends up with an empty value because it's now JSON and then puts that back into the DB.

Bourgondian

Thanks all for your replies, this convinces me to uninstall my forum and reinstall the not beta version.
Although I had just managed to get the black background..
I am happy that I posted this question or I would have lost a lot more time.
Thanks again.

Advertisement: