News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_board)

Started by user42916, April 29, 2016, 11:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

user42916

Anyone have a fix for this? I tried a search and this is the only topic I have found for this specific error.

I get the error while converting posts from IPB 2.3.5.

"Converting...
Converting posts (this may take some time)...
Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_board)"

Thx in advance.

Irisado

Welcome to SMF :).

Your topic has been split.  In future, please avoid reviving six year old topics.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

user42916

Quote from: Irisado on April 30, 2016, 09:05:08 AM
Welcome to SMF :).

Your topic has been split.  In future, please avoid reviving six year old topics.

My apologies.

So, I guess SMF does not have a fix for this specific problem since it hasn't been resolved in over 6 years?

margarett

Hello.

It's not an "unfixable problem", it's just that it's a problem that isn't supposed to happen.
The board ID of a post can never, ever be something else than an integer. So it's kind of "converter's fault" because it doesn't handle unexpected data types, and it also IPB's fault for allowing a non-integer value to exist as a board ID.

That being said, yes it can be fixed. Which converter are you using?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

linuxninja

Quote from: margarett on May 02, 2016, 07:43:46 AM
Hello.

It's not an "unfixable problem", it's just that it's a problem that isn't supposed to happen.
The board ID of a post can never, ever be something else than an integer. So it's kind of "converter's fault" because it doesn't handle unexpected data types, and it also IPB's fault for allowing a non-integer value to exist as a board ID.

Since this guy isn't going to answer you and this topic is fairly new, I am going to ask.  I am close to giving up to be honest but anyway...

Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (hide_email)

This is the IBP 2.0 to SMF 2.0 converter on the download page.  I've been fighting this stuff all day. Would like to hopefully figure this out.

user42916

Quote from: margarett on May 02, 2016, 07:43:46 AM
Hello.

Hi margarett,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using the Invision 2.3 to SMF converter from this page -
http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters;software=invision

I had to edit the sql file a few times for some other errors, (such as the hide_email, modified_time error... etc), but I couldn't find a fix/edit for this particular error (id_board), and the one thread I found was from 6 years ago without a reply.

I've attached the latest edited sql file to this post.

@linuxninja -

I had a similar problem when converting an IPB 2.3.5 board. I did a google search for "hide_email" and found the correct fix on this forum. The sql file needed to be edited. In my case, invision23_to_smf.sql file. Not sure if it is the same edit for your board as was mine.

Advertisement: