News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How do i set up a email that sends?

Started by DanMB, May 05, 2016, 05:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanMB

How do i set up a email that sends register confirmation and password resets?

Kindred

???

you would set up an email account on your server, just like any other email from your domain.
then, in SMF, you would set the webmaster email to that address
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DanMB

is there a guide to set one up on a server?

Illori

do you have a dedicated server? no? then do you have a hosting control panel... if so there should be an option in there to create an email address. if you cant find it ask your host how to do it. this is why you pay them the big bucks.

DanMB

the main errors
Ran into problems sending Mail. Error: 535 5.7.8 Error: authentication failed: UGFzc3dvcmQ6
Couldn't get mail server response codes.
Anyone know how to fix them?

Kindred

you're not helping yourself very much here... you are not actually providing any useful information to allow us to help you.

Have you set up a mailbox on your host?  (if not, then talk to your host about how to do that)

Have you configured your smf settings to use that mailbox?
What are your mail settings?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DanMB

New error

Have you configured your smf settings to use that mailbox? Yes,
What are your mail settings? and yeah

Arantor

Um, "yeah" is not a setting... What did you actually set things to?

DanMB

Quote from: Arantor on May 07, 2016, 06:05:14 AM
Um, "yeah" is not a setting... What did you actually set things to?
Enable Mail No
Maximum emails to send per minute  0
Maximum amount of emails to send per page load 0
Mail type PHP Default

Advertisement: