News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

PHP errors

Started by SychO, May 03, 2016, 05:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SychO

Hello, Any Guidance here perhaps ?

I don't like having errors.

[03-May-2016 11:33:14 Europe/London] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected end of file in /home/*****/public_html/community/Sources/Profile-View.php on line 1989
[03-May-2016 14:39:29 Europe/London] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected ''enab' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE), expecting ']' in /home/*****/public_html/community/Sources/Load.php(2547) : eval()'d code on line 352
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Kindred

well...   look in the files...  :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

or attach that file to your next post so we can review it for you.

SychO

Sorry,

I think it's because of the Award mod, which is an old mod.
Checkout My Themes:
-

margarett

Are you sure that's the correct file? I gave a it quick glympse and the end of the file is far, far from line 1989...

The second error is an eval error, disable templates evaluation and check for errors after, it should change ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

line 1989 is $uploadDir = 'awards';//$modSettings['awardUploadDir'];

i am not sure why it is having issues with that line.

margarett

One of us needs to replace Notepad++ :P

Mine says that such line is 1987.
1989 is
$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
(the error is still nonsense :P )

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

Quote from: margarett on May 03, 2016, 07:35:37 PM
One of us needs to replace Notepad++ :P

Mine says that such line is 1987.

you are right and i was using notepad++, i was doing a diff and it came up at a different line number.

SychO

Alright thanks,

also, for some reason mods aren't getting setup properly, for exemple if a mod says "Successful" in the action: Extract file into "Exemple"

when i check in FTP i find that the file isn't there, and this is only and example, adding to the fact that I have everytime to make the temp file with 0777 cmd

So is this some sort of host problem ?
Checkout My Themes:
-

margarett

Yes, probably some problem with ownership of the files/folders

Kindred

almost definitely.

Your host has probably set up the system so that php/apache runs as "nobody"
which means that files loaded by and edited by php are looking at the permission for "nobody" to save the file.
This becomes an issue because SMF sends the changes, the server accepts them, but SILENTLY rejects the save...  thus SMF reports success, when, in reality, the updates failed to get saved.

(and note, this is not actually an SMF issue, it's a poorly configured setup on your server)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SychO

Quote from: Kindred on May 05, 2016, 03:03:57 PM
almost definitely.

Your host has probably set up the system so that php/apache runs as "nobody"
which means that files loaded by and edited by php are looking at the permission for "nobody" to save the file.
This becomes an issue because SMF sends the changes, the server accepts them, but SILENTLY rejects the save...  thus SMF reports success, when, in reality, the updates failed to get saved.

(and note, this is not actually an SMF issue, it's a poorly configured setup on your server)

Alright, i'll contact the host then, can you tell me what i'm supposed to tell them exactly xD ? pls
Checkout My Themes:
-

Kindred

The thing is, unless they reconfigure the entire system, it's unlikely they can/will do anything about it.

All it means is that you will have to manually install most mods
Слaва
Украинi

Illori

or find another host that does not have this issue.

SychO

Quote from: Illori on May 05, 2016, 05:42:19 PM
or find another host that does not have this issue.
Quote from: Kindred on May 05, 2016, 05:40:27 PM
The thing is, unless they reconfigure the entire system, it's unlikely they can/will do anything about it.

All it means is that you will have to manually install most mods

Well, I've been manually doing that, *___*, we moved the forum basically,

We can't find another host now, I mean we've already paid and stuff, well, I think i'll just keep setting up manually.

Thanks for the help guys, I think I've been making too much topics lately xD asking for help
Checkout My Themes:
-

margarett

I'm pretty sure that the configuration can be adjusted properly. Most likely when you upload a file or folder via FTP or cPanel it gets an owner different from the one PHP runs with. All they need to do is fix that (if that's really the case). Ask them ;)

SychO

Quote from: margarett on May 06, 2016, 03:50:21 PM
I'm pretty sure that the configuration can be adjusted properly. Most likely when you upload a file or folder via FTP or cPanel it gets an owner different from the one PHP runs with. All they need to do is fix that (if that's really the case). Ask them ;)

I'll ask them then, I never though moving a forum would have this amount of problems,

Now again another issue, in the original site the forum was running really good, with no server issues.

now here there is this problem, when a member searches (search box) or tries to see another member's posts via his profile he gets this message (I also do everyone does) :

AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED!
Please try again later. This member's posts are not currently available due to high load on the server.

The thing is, there is no one in the forum except for me and 2 other guys, we're fixing all issues before redirecting the old site to this new one.

and just in case here are some settings in the forum:

[b]LOAD BALANCING[/b]

[color=red]Please note: the settings below are to be edited with care. Setting any of them too low may render your forum unusable! The current load average is 5.22[/color]

Enable load balancing by load averages ✔
Threshold to disabling automatic database optimization : 2.0
Threshold to disabling search : 5.0
Threshold to disabling all unread topics : 4.0
Threshold to disabling unread replies : 7.0
Threshold to disabling showing user posts : 4.0
Threshold to disabling the forum completely : 20.0

And Caching:

Caching Level : Level 2 Caching
Checkout My Themes:
-

margarett

Just disable that ;)

That being said, I would suggest that you didn't change for the best... :(

SychO

Quote from: margarett on May 06, 2016, 04:42:42 PM
Just disable that ;)

That being said, I would suggest that you didn't change for the best... :(

remember i said i moved the forum, those settings come from the DB, :3

Yea that fixed it thanks !
Checkout My Themes:
-

margarett

Yes, but that means that your new server has a bigger load than the "old" one ;)

Advertisement: