Installer can't find the language file

Started by wtakaha, October 26, 2005, 05:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wtakaha

The message below is what I keep recieving when I type in  the following,
hxxp:www.adult-star-resources.net/sml-forum/installer.php [nonactive]

I did everything this message asked for me to do but I still keep getting this message.  I did make suer the right files are in the right directory.   If anyone has any suggestions or help please let me know. 

A critical error has occurred.
This installer was unable to find the installer's language file or files. They should be found under:

/sml-forum/Themes/default/languages
In some cases, FTP clients do not properly upload files with this many folders. Please double check to make sure you have uploaded all the files in the distribution.

If that doesn't help, please make sure this install.php file is in the same place as the Themes folder.

If you continue to get this error message, feel free to look to us for support

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

wtakaha

Thank your response.  However, I did try what you suggested and I am still recieving the same message.  Do you have another other ideas of what I should do?  Also, do permissions need to be set on any of the php files? 
Again, thank you, I greatly appreciate your fast responses.
-William

Oldiesmann

Delete Install.english.php from the Themes/default/languages folder and re-upload it.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

dither

Hi , I have the same problem , and I can assure you that its not a corrupted file in my case ...

It happened after I changed server from plesk to cpanel. I am an experienced user of SMF and I know how to restore a backup manually (I've done it many times) but in this situation I'm clueless.
After trying unsuccessfully to restore my backup forum I've tried to install a fresh copy of smf  ( I've tried both 1.05 and 1.1rc1) and both installers gave the same error :
"This installer was unable to find the installer's language file or files. They should be found under:
/forum/Themes/default/languages"

I've checked my php.ini for having proper settings for smf compatibility and it complies.
Any ideas ?

dither

Ok solved it  ... it was the incompatibility issue with php 4.4.1, everything works fine now  :D

redone

Thanks for posting back with what worked for you.

:)

thesponge

So how do i fix it so I can install the software  :-\

Advertisement: