News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

ezPortal block for smf galleries

Started by Robomcd, May 13, 2016, 08:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robomcd

I installed ezPortal on my SM forum and now am trying to get the ezBlock "SMF Media Gallery random items" there. Non of the downloads on the ezPortal page "ezBlocks" is working. A month ago they released their latest version for incorporating with SMF, so they seem to be still working, but there is very low traffic over their site. Any idea what is happening or how I can get that block?

Or is there an alternative? I want to have a small slide show with random images from gallery pro between the main navigation bar and the start of the actual forum boards.     

Robomcd

Tanks for moving it to the correct board  :D

vbgamer45

"SMF Media Gallery random items" is different that "SMF Gallery" that is two different gallery software.

ezPortal has support built in for SMF Gallery and SMF Gallery Pro
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Robomcd

I will try explain.

Another member is using eZportal also, and using an eZblock in combination with gallery pro to create a block in the header area, between the navigation bar (with the home-forum-help etc buttons) and the line that separates the header area from the forum boards area. 

In that horizontal narrow block there are places for seven random thumbnail images from the gallery and they show a different image each time. I want to do something similar, I thought I would need this eZblock "SMF Media Gallery random items" to do that.

I am trying to find the link back to the other member and ask him how to do that, no success yet. 

vbgamer45

Are you using "SMF Gallery" if you are then the "SMF Media Gallery" block will not work.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

HDB

I am the other member that Robomcd is referring to. My website can be viewed by clicking the "globe" on the left.

I use EzPortal and the SMFHacks Gallery Pro to put random images on my portal page and the index page of my forum.  On my forum's "index" page the EzPortal mod was set to place a single row of 7 pictures at the top. And on my "Home" page (portal page) I have placed in the center of the page 4 rows with 4 pictures which is done using another "ezblock" for the home page. The images in each location will randomly change with every page refresh.

vbgamer45, I am pretty certain that Robomcd is one of your Gallery Pro customers and if so the ezblock that would do this is your "SMF Gallery Random Image" as you know.

Robomcd

Quote from: HDB on May 13, 2016, 12:14:39 PM
I am the other member that Robomcd is referring to. My website can be viewed by clicking the "globe" on the left.

I knew I was missing something, I forgot about the globe (Thanks for the link).

I installed the portal and the block, and it seems to work (but other things not yet). It does not refresh much because there are only four pictures in the gallery, I will upload more of them this weekend.

And yes, I bought gallery pro a few weeks ago.   

Robomcd

Now we are at it, how do you insert an image in an ezblock? When editing, it shows the img button, but I cannot get it to connect to an image? (see the forum page as is now).

Something else, maybe a bug. This default center block. I edit it, save it and everything, and suddenly on the home page, the title line is there but the text body is missing. Re-save, re-edit, making sure visibility is ok etc, same problem. Emptying cache also does not seem to help. Strange thing is, If I switch to other forum pages and back, sometimes it suddenly pops back up??? 

HDB

In the EzPortal admin select the ParseBBC ezBlock and then put the BB Code for the image in your edit window for the BB Code Block.

In the ParseBBC ezBlock you can add as many images as you like that are "hosted" in your gallery. You can also type text descriptions in the ParseBBC ezBlock above or below the image code.

This is different than the earlier discussion about random pictures and the ezblock called "SMF Gallery Random Image".

Advertisement: