ModernStyle

Started by Bloc, May 15, 2016, 02:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloc

Link to the theme

ModernStyle is a theme for SMF 2.0 with simplified layout and colors, the CSS is rewritten and focus have been on making it suit both desktop/laptops and mobile devices.

features

• Responsive CSS
  • Google fonts for modern styling
  • 6 variants - light, blue, dark, haze, grey, forest
  • Full-screen attachment preview(images), attachments sorted on images/non-images
  • Specific optimizations for TinyPortal v1.1

Wellwisher

Nice work, bless us with a demo.  ;)

Just installed it on my test bench. Looks beautiful man, very nice work.

sventetzlaff

Hi -nec-
I just installed your theme here: hxxp:solarphoto.org/c1forum [nonactive]. Thank your very much!
We (the forum) found probably two glitches:

1) the quickbuttons under personnel messages are very hard to see (grey). In the blue variation, they are quite invisible.

Therefore I thought I just change this quickbuttons in the index.css from #fff to #555. Unfortunately, when I did this, also fheader changed. And I could not figure out why ....  :-\ ... So I gave up to prevent a mess. How to change this?

2) The signature is invisible. I tried several things as resetting the user options and so on, but the signature remains invisible. If I switch to curve, the signature appears ... What to do?

Thanks again for your work ... we can live with this minor problems for the moment.  8) But we would really appreciate whether there is a solution next time.

Regards Sven

Bloc

Quote from: sventetzlaff on June 06, 2016, 03:24:01 AM
Hi -nec-
I just installed your theme here: solarphoto.org/c1forum. Thank your very much!
We (the forum) found probably two glitches:

1) the quickbuttons under personnel messages are very hard to see (grey). In the blue variation, they are quite invisible.

Therefore I thought I just change this quickbuttons in the index.css from #fff to #555. Unfortunately, when I did this, also fheader changed. And I could not figure out why ....  :-\ ... So I gave up to prevent a mess. How to change this?

2) The signature is invisible. I tried several things as resetting the user options and so on, but the signature remains invisible. If I switch to curve, the signature appears ... What to do?

Thanks again for your work ... we can live with this minor problems for the moment.  8) But we would really appreciate whether there is a solution next time.

Regards Sven

The signature part is intentionally left out, but the white quickbuttons can be changed like this:

Open up index_grey.css and add this code to it:

#personal_messages .quickbuttons a { color: #777; }

Antechinus

Strewth Bloc, you go through more usernames than anyone I've ever encountered. You're a hard bugger to keep track of. :D

Anyway glad to see you got at least one of the new ones approved on the theme site. Did you have to simplify it much to get it past approval?

Bloc

Quote from: Antechinus on July 10, 2016, 06:06:41 PM
Strewth Bloc, you go through more usernames than anyone I've ever encountered. You're a hard bugger to keep track of. :D

Anyway glad to see you got at least one of the new ones approved on the theme site. Did you have to simplify it much to get it past approval?
Quite a lot, but I guess the full version had a lot going on. I have since taken a pause from that, working instead on a homebrew script that added lot of those extras from the original Modernstyle (but no forum part ) at http://www.bjornhkristiansen.com. Maybe someday I'll add it back to SMF in the form of a mod..but to be honest I doubt there's much interest for it, at least it wasn't when it was within a theme.

Anyway, going to add simplified versions of the other themes as well.

How about you? Given up on theme making for trusty old SMF?

Bloc

Antechinus

Quote from: BHKristiansen on July 10, 2016, 06:47:12 PMHow about you? Given up on theme making for trusty old SMF?

At the moment. Too many other (offline) things going on. I'm not running an SMF site anyway, or using any apart from this one and SP, neither of which will be running custom themes even if I did make them.

sventetzlaff

It works! Thank you very much.

Quote from: BHKristiansen on July 10, 2016, 10:40:45 AM
The signature part is intentionally left out, but the white quickbuttons can be changed like this:

Open up index_grey.css and add this code to it:

#personal_messages .quickbuttons a { color: #777; }

Bloc

Quote from: Antechinus on July 10, 2016, 07:14:30 PM
Quote from: BHKristiansen on July 10, 2016, 06:47:12 PMHow about you? Given up on theme making for trusty old SMF?

At the moment. Too many other (offline) things going on. I'm not running an SMF site anyway, or using any apart from this one and SP, neither of which will be running custom themes even if I did make them.

As a matter of fact: neither am I :) Only on localhost these days(well, apart from the demosite I put up yesterday but thats only for demoing )

But I never throw anything away lol. And more often than not I see little fixes to be made on a older theme or in a working project. Quite often I take parts of those and create something new, a lot of my themes/fork/mods have emerged that way.

Antechinus

Oh sure. I still play around with stuff a bit. I just don't have any motivation, at the moment anyway, to take it seriously enough to actually finish anything.

Mattjoe

Please I just downloaded this theme but it's in .Zip format and I don't know how to use it (was expecting it to be in .XML format).

Also, can it be used on Google blogger?

Thanks
You can also mail me info

Kindred

why would it be in XML?

and no... it can only be used for forums running on SMF. (it is an SMF theme, after all)

the theme is applied to a forum by the admin, use the theme manager
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bloc

- No update needed on this theme for SMF 2.0.14, as it doesn't modify Login.template nor use the qick login form. There should be no trouble using this theme further.

cheeksofgod

I can't seem to get the "Quick Reply" feature to work -- I see the text that says "Quick Reply" but no field or other interactive elements. Most themes have either an open text field or a button to expand the Quick Reply link into a field, but I'm not seeing that here. Any help would be appreciated.

smartmouse

Can you create a version compatible for SMF 2.1?

Bloc

Quote from: smartmouse on February 24, 2022, 10:51:43 AMCan you create a version compatible for SMF 2.1?
Maybe, I am currently working on a similar theme for 2.1..I may return to this one after that.

Antechinus

Bloody hell. He's alive. :D

Advertisement: