News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Gateway 504 Error when posting a new topic

Started by evolution88, May 21, 2016, 02:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evolution88

Hey guys,

I have a strange error. Each time I try to post a new thread my server does not respond and the 504 Gateway error appears after a few minutes. The thread is not published either. Does anybody have any idea on how to fix that or why that issue appears?

Thanks in advance guys!

Arantor

What version of SMF? What server are you using? What are you trying to post?

evolution88

Quote from: Arantor on May 21, 2016, 03:02:49 PM
What version of SMF? What server are you using? What are you trying to post?

Forum Version: SMF 2.0.11
Aktuelle SMF Version: [object HTMLElement]
GD Version: 2.0
MySQL Version: 5.1.73-1
PHP: 5.3.3-7+squeeze19
Server Version: Apache

Trying to post a new thread.

Arantor

What content? It might be relevant.

Also, you have a very old version of PHP, which probably doesn't help matters.

evolution88

Quote from: Arantor on May 21, 2016, 03:18:16 PM
What content? It might be relevant.

Also, you have a very old version of PHP, which probably doesn't help matters.

It's just plain text, I tried a few words then a lot but that does not change anything. I contacted my host, maybe he/she can update the php version or something. Anything else? Thank you though for your quick help!

qc

Any plugins installed that try to publish your new topics to facebook, twitter or elsewhere on the web?
Playing quizduell? Having quizduell questions? Our german quizduell forum quizcommunity.de is looking for quiz freaks to come and play quizduell with us :)

evolution88

Quote from: qc on May 21, 2016, 04:35:44 PM
Any plugins installed that try to publish your new topics to facebook, twitter or elsewhere on the web?

That was it! I installed the akismet anti spam plugin. Once deinstalled it worked fine. Thank you! :)

qc

Playing quizduell? Having quizduell questions? Our german quizduell forum quizcommunity.de is looking for quiz freaks to come and play quizduell with us :)

Advertisement: