SMF 2.0.11 - New topic is not displayed

Started by garyee, May 26, 2016, 03:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyee

Hello,

I've installed a forum (version 2.0.11).
Guests have the right to create new Topics and posts.

I have experienced a strange thing error, which is occurring 2 in 5 times when I'm trying to reproduce it.
Steps to reproduce:

1. have a smf installed with at least one board, give the permission to guests to create new topics and posts.
2. as a guest create a new topic on a board that is empty(!)
3. normally after it is posted the user gets redirected to the topic-overview
and now if the problem is reproduced the message: "no messages..." will be display, even if the new topic was created (to check that it was created go back to the categroy view, in the "last post" column the new post appears and can be clicked)
If the new topic is displayed correctly the problem couldn't be reproduced, please continue with the next step
4. log-in as admin, delete the new topic, so that the category is empty and log-out.
Please repeat from step 2 until you can reproduce the error. Stop after the 10. time :)

I do not know if it is just a problem of my installation or a problem in general, so it would be good if some other people tried to reproduce it.

Mods installed:
- Page Management    1.4     
- Split Forum Mod    1.33
- Advanced Language Menu    3.0.1
- reCAPTCHA for SMF    1.0.0

garyee

I debuged the query that is getting the topics:

normal:
SELECT t.id_topic, t..... FROM smf_topics AS t INNER JOIN sm.... WHERE t.id_board = 2 ORDER BY is_sticky DESC, id_last_msg DESC LIMIT 0, 20
error
SELECT t.id_topic, t..... FROM smf_topics AS t INNER JOIN sm.... WHERE t.id_board = 2 ORDER BY is_sticky DESC, id_last_msg DESC LIMIT 0, 0

Arantor

Does it reoccur on an unmodified forum?

garyee

Yeah it does not, but neither does it on a modified forum. I start thinking that it could be the server config, because I can't reproduce the error on my webspace.
What are the requirements for the cache folder ?
On the server in question the cache files are there, but I think that the system has trouble reading it and so it executes with num_topics=0... could that be?

Arantor

Well, what caching level do you use, what caching type?

garyee

Hi,

I used level 1. I turned it of, and the error did not reproduce. So thats my solution for right now.
One reason for cache to mess up thing could be file permissions or some other server config, because the server is self hosted by the client.
I did changed the ownership to the php user with standard file permissions ... beyond that ... no idea.

Advertisement: