News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How do i moderate a topic as an admin?

Started by ahawkua, June 17, 2016, 12:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahawkua

i can't find the options to lock a topic or anything when i click on a topic. Help please?

Kindred

if you do not see the lock or sticky options, then you are not an admin.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Siirist

For location of those buttons, see attached screenshot.

EDIT: If you are a Moderator, you must be the Moderator of THAT board, or you will not see these buttons.

Also, having seen your questions, many are answered in the Online Manual that has these categories: FAQs, Installation of SMF, As a Regular User, As a Moderator (Global Moderators are not assigned to a board, they have ability to moderate ANY board on the forum), As an Administrator.
There is A LOT of information to be found in the Online Manual.

Quote from: Illori on June 17, 2016, 09:30:18 AM
Quote from: Siirist on June 17, 2016, 09:26:20 AM
EDIT: If you are a Moderator, you must be the Moderator of THAT board, or you will not see these buttons.

not true, an admin is moderator of all boards by default. they dont need to assigned as moderator to moderate any board.

*nods* An Administrator can do ANYTHING thus moderating as well as Administrating.   :P
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Illori

Quote from: Siirist on June 17, 2016, 09:26:20 AM

not true, an admin is moderator of all boards by default. they dont need to assigned as moderator to moderate any board.

ahawkua

I just didn't see any of those options, and i am logged in as an admin.

Kindred

then either your theme has removed those options form display or you are not logged in as an actual admin.

Plain and simple. only two choices.

What is the URL of your site?
SMF version?
Mods installed?
Theme installed?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: