DNS Solution Yahoo error when trying to post attachments

Started by JeepExpeditions, June 01, 2016, 06:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeepExpeditions

This just started and nothing has changed on our forum.     A simple text post goes right thru and posts to the forum.   If you try to post adding one or more attachments it directs you to a DNS Solution Yahoo error and a screen with search results.

Was working fine last week,  went away on a trip and came back to this problem.

Called GoDaddy as I figured it was their problem,  they claim not and said to check with SMF.

HELP !

JeepExpeditions

My error in the fist post was using the latest version of Firefox.

Tried the latest version of MSIE and here is what I get with them trying to post with attachments:

http://jeepexpeditions.org/Forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=sp04cm449dl2g0v69u4nor3dv7&action=post2;start=0;board=97

Hmm, we can't reach this page.

Try this
•Make sure you've got the right web address: http://jeepexpeditions.org
•Refresh the page
•Search for what you want

Arantor

JeepExpeditions

No Mods installed,  SMF 2.0.11

Been working fine for 9 years and in the last week or two its gone to hell.

Did all the maintenance,  deleted cache checked for errors.

margarett

It suggests that the page times out when posting the attachment. What's the size of the file you're uploading?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

margarett

If you upload a smaller attachment (eg: 300k) does it work?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

JeepExpeditions

Quote from: margarett on June 02, 2016, 05:34:03 PM
If you upload a smaller attachment (eg: 300k) does it work?

I just tried that and it does.   However it's always in the past allowed large attachments (2-4MB) not sure what's changed now.

margarett

It's the server. Either have GD to fix it (tell them that small attachments work, big ones don't) or, better yet, change host...

Zirkon

Dropping GoDaddy was one of the smartest things I ever did. Was an endless gauntlet of problems and blame games with them.

JeepExpeditions

Quote from: Zirkon on June 02, 2016, 08:59:33 PM
Dropping GoDaddy was one of the smartest things I ever did. Was an endless gauntlet of problems and blame games with them.
Anyone just as "cheap" for hosting, email and storage space?   Suggestions?   

My alternative is to switch to vBulliten which a few people has told me works well on GoDaddy.   Of course SMF worked great up until a week or two ago too.

Zirkon

HDB

I use GoDaddy and have no issues. Personally I like using a company like GoDaddy that has been around for a long time and will be around for a long time in the future.

Do other members have the same experience? If it is just you that has seen this issue you might consider that your own connection is slow and timing out.

Kindred

Overall, godaddy has a poor reputation... and with good reason

I gave been with icdsoft for a decade and had a much better experience than anybof my interactions with godaddy
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

HDB

If not a slow connection on your side as I first mentioned maybe the DNS error is worth looking at for true meaning.

I take it that your hosting is with GoDaddy and DNS for the domain is provided by Yahoo since the error that you see is a DNS Solution error from Yahoo. Have you looked at your DNS? You might want to look in that direction.

JeepExpeditions

I have high speed internet from Cox.   Have no problem with any other sites,  even our website hosted thru GoDaddy.   The only problems we have is with SMF Forum.    I can stream movies and download at lightening speeds so its not my connection.

The Forum and WebSite are on different servers.   The moved the Forum to a new server not too long ago and that is when the problems started.    The say the problem is not theirs,  but SMF.   

The DNS happens when you try to make a new post with attachments to the forum.  Instead of posting to the SMF forum and defaulting back to the forum with the new post,  it goes to Yahoo DNS error.    Posting with text only no problems.

No mods to forum since we started 8 years ago,  everything was fine until 2 weeks ago.

Kindred

Right,..   So, the forum worked.
They moved the forum to a new server
The forum broke.

How is this not their problem?

I am fairly certain that the issue lies in whatever configuration they have screwed up on their server
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Zirkon

When I had issues with them at every support call they tried to push me into a higher tier platform or VPS. The problems were never there fault so this was there only support resolve.

At the time it was a new and very small forum.  :o  The shareholders needed more money I guess.

All the problems magically went away when I changed hosts. My site was instantly lightning fast with many member raves. The countless hours spent trying to fix issues that were unfixable on my end is where the anger still hangs with me to this day. 

Only nice thing I can say about them is they are ok for registering a domain. Really that is it.

Talk with some potential hosts. Many if not all will gladly move the files for you and get you running the same day if it eases any of your worries on doing so.

Advertisement: