News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Enabled iframe for everyone?

Started by MarkoKg, June 02, 2016, 05:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkoKg

Hey there,

I have a family forum, with closed registration where only my family members are registered and posting. We recently converted to SMF, and as my family is already trained to use html codes in posts for videos (I know there's a easier solution, but they don't want to change what they used to :P ) I'd like to enable iframe codes by default for everyone (or all html). Actually, if it's possible, i'd like when I post something like:
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D_Vg4uyYwEk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
inside post, it should appear. If possible, I'd like that without any bbc tags around, but I'm opened to hear suggestions.
Do note that I'm aware that enabling HTML is not a wise, but I note once again that it's a closed forum, with only my family members.

Thanks!

Sir Osis of Liver

iframes are a really bad idea in SMF.  I believe their are mods for embedding videos in posts.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;basic_search=embed+video
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

MarkoKg

Thanks for your answer!

Like I said, I'm aware of that, but I figured that as my family already knows how to use that, and they don't want to change their modus-operandi, it won't be that bad idea to allow that.

Anyway, i found this mod that is the closest to what i need:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3034
but that requires members to use something like [embeded]code here[/embeded]
is there a way not to use any bbc code, but to have iframes loaded automatically?

Kindred

in short - no, there is nothing designed to do what you ask, because doing so is a bad idea.
Sure, for YOU, in your ONE instance, it might be usefull... but developers and mod authors build for the entire community.

Seriously, install one of the youtube mods like SAVE or Ohara and then all they have to do is paste the youtube URL in.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Rickard

I have a simliar request, but this is for making it possible for me (Admin) to paste a iframe code that displays a third party form for asking for offers of heatpumps.
This code shows a form the visitors can fill in and request quotes for heatpumps.
I understand iframe in standard posts made by ordinary members is a bad idea, but should it not be possible for me as an admin to do this in posts not possible to answer for the mebmers or visitors?
The code i would like to add to my articles inside the forum works great in my "welcome-block" on the start page (Simple portal).
I would like this to work in posts also, but just för me as Admin.

Possible?
Or, should i make the articles in the front page block and just link to this articles in my posts, but this feels strange?
Admin for 3 forums:
www.varmepumpsforum.com
www.poolforum.se
www.atvforum.se
SMF 2.0.15
Default Theme: CS Manual by crip
Simple Portal 2.3.7
Got my own hosted and managed server on www.space2u.com

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

For admin I think it should be possible by using html, and the html BBC tags.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Rickard

I have tried to avtivate html in posts, and all bbc-codes, but my code does not work.
This is how it looks (changed some names):
<script src="https://xxx-xxx-dna-ssl.com/js/1/form?key=PxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxY&form=heatpump"></script>
<div id="heatpump-form"></div>

Di you have any suggestions about how to make it work in posts?
Admin for 3 forums:
www.varmepumpsforum.com
www.poolforum.se
www.atvforum.se
SMF 2.0.15
Simple Portal 2.3.7

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you post as admin, it should work like this I think:

[html]<script src="https://xxx-xxx-dna-ssl.com/js/1/form?key=PxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxY&form=heatpump"></script>
<div id="heatpump-form"></div>[/html]
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Rickard

It worked like a sharm!
Thank you.
Admin for 3 forums:
www.varmepumpsforum.com
www.poolforum.se
www.atvforum.se
SMF 2.0.15
Simple Portal 2.3.7

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Discussion about HTML tags on PHP 7 split to a new topic HTML tags on PHP 7 broken?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: