Post Advanced Contact Form mod, how to bold it's entry on the "app bar" ?

Started by aegersz, June 13, 2016, 02:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

hi guys,

i need your wisdom again please.

i installed the fabulous (hey, i love it) Advanced Contact Form (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1352) but would like to highlight the app bar entry that it added as CONTACT.

is there a simple way to make it bold or an i possibly causing myself more grief later ?

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Illori

post in the mods support topic so that those that use the mod and the author can help you.

aegersz

i was going to do that but i also thought that it might be handy for one of the OTHER app options - like the "Home" button, for example.

i was hoping i could address all app bar modifications in one hit.

or do you still recommend that i approach the mod writer ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Illori

we dont know how that mod author added the option to the menu. depending on how it was added it can have a different way to change it to bold. best to ask the mod author.

aegersz

i see.

thanks for explaining that ... on second thoughts, i will leave it as it is.

I might as well be happy that it works and works well.

thanks again for your wonderful, prompt service 8) !

P.S. my forum is running very smoothly, i just need more content !

Kindred

actually, regardless of how the menu item was added, the bold or color can be done via CSS....

every button is defined
e.g. <li id="button_calendar">

so, just target the id of whatever your mod author called the button and specify the css to use bold.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

firstly, thanks for jumping in ...

BUT i have no idea where to find the point and in what program to modify ? i wouldn't know how to figure that out easily as i am missing out on some fundamentals unfortunately.

i looked for " <li id=" and got back too many files :(

i also don't mind if you ask me to do my own research, but i must try, right ?

LATER:

i did find where the button is set though" grep -r "CONTACT" /var/www/html/Themes

/var/www/html/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php:$txt['contact_form_default_tab_label'] = 'CONTACT';
/var/www/html/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php:$txt['contact_form_default_tab_label'] = 'CONTACT';

and then i tried grep -r "contact_form_default_tab_label" /var/www/html/Sources

/var/www/html/Sources/Subs.php:                         'title' => !empty($modSettings['contact_form_tab_label']) ? $modSettings['contact_form_tab_label'] : $txt['contact_form_default_tab_label'],
/var/www/html/Sources/ManageSettings.php:               array('text', 'contact_form_tab_label',     '24', 'postinput' => '<span style="color: #444444;" class="middletext">' . $txt['contact_form_label_default'] . $txt['contact_form_default_tab_label'] . '</span>'),

aegersz

hmmm ... i think i really should ask the mod author, it would save time in the long run.

thanks again :)

i just found the "SUPPORT AND COMMENTS FOR THIS MOD" so i added this.

Kindred

Ummm... No and no again...

Look at the forum as a website.
Figure out what the button is named
Then add the correct definition to the index.css file for your theme(s)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

i have been trying the index.css route but haven't worked out it's [the button] name.

another member has been kindly helping me via PMs and he also suggested the css route so i added a section that we thought would work but it failed to bold it.

Kindred

Look at the HTML code for your page
Firefox+firebug is my weapon of choice...

Find the button, find the name.

Add
#button_name { font-weight: bold; }
To index.css
Clear your browser cache
Clear your server cache
Слaва
Украинi

aegersz

yeah, thanks, it's button_contact and IT WORKS !

amazing.

thank you, i added:

#button_contact { font-weight: bold; }

to ./Themes/default/css/index.css

i'm very happy now and have learned something about CSS today; a good day.

thanks guys.

Advertisement: