News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

2.1 beta 3 syntax error in upgrade.php

Started by Ricky., June 14, 2016, 01:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky.

Today I tried to test 2.1 beta 3 on forum upgrade from 2.0.11 , worked fine on local test server with php 5.6 , however ,when I tried same on another test server running php 5.4.45, upgrade.php kept giving me following error:  (with blank page)

[Tue Jun 14 13:21:33 2016] [warn] [client x.x.x.x] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '==' (T_IS_EQUAL), expecting ')' in /home/abc/public_html/upgrade.php on line 5141

Is it that I am seeing a nested expression which is not supported in 5.4 but in 5.6 or it could be something else ?
(install.php is fine though)

Ricky.

Update :
To verify if its issue with PHP version, I upgraded to PHP 5.5.36 in this server and now there is no error in upgrade.php

Any idea ?

Illori

might get more attention to the issue from the developers by posting the issue on github so they will see it. not all developers are monitoring this board for issues with 2.1.

Ricky.

Quote from: Illori on June 15, 2016, 07:23:01 AM
might get more attention to the issue from the developers by posting the issue on github so they will see it. not all developers are monitoring this board for issues with 2.1.
As you suggest :)

https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/3490

Advertisement: