News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Invitation system

Started by Jenni4Stars, June 18, 2016, 06:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenni4Stars

I swore this was a standard feature on the 2.0.x, but nope... I would really like to be able to make the forum an invitation only -forum, but so that the members could invite the people they wish to invite without me having to manually create every new user as it may come down to. I have a workaround using the anti-spam verification questions, but it is very clunky in comparison to what I want to do. (I may need to change the password on the fly when the registration password gets in the wrong hands or I just want to change it, while someone is just trying to register with a code given to them by their friend... :/ I'd much appreciate invite codes to be individually set, preferably by the member who invites people, so I can pinpoint who has a poor judgement and remove their invite rights!)

This is seriously the only thing I don't understand why it is not there yet, ideas as I may have! :) I like to create very complex forums, and this is the only really needed, obvious thing I can't find either a mod or a core function, but as it is something that I find a security issue, I'd really prefer to be in the core.

Kindred

actually, no... I don't think this belongs in the core.  As you say... you prefer complex systems - while this is SIMPLE machines forum...   and we prefer to keep the core product simple, clean and clear...   That being said, there used to be a pretty good mod, but it seems to have been removed 2 months ago..... http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=391962.0
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Grammy

Is this the same kind of thing?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=653

It's really old, but I like the idea of it...

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Vacman

Unfortunately the Invitation System v1.1.2 will not work with SMF 2.1 RC2.

Kindred

which will likely be true of many mods....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Irisado

This topic can rest, given that it is almost three years old.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: