News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

phpBB 3.0.14 to SMF 2.0.11

Started by RFD, June 25, 2016, 07:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFD

i have both the old phpBB and new SMF databases online and both work.  all are on the same server and domain.  running the converter i get this error message ...

margarett

The error is more or less self-explanatory... Let's try to explain it better.

Your phpBB is configured to use a certain database, user and password. Check your forum/config.php file, you'll have something like:
$dbname = 'xyzxyz';
$dbuser = 'abcabc';
$dbpasswd = 'defdef';

This means that phpBB will connect the the database "xyzxyz" with the user "abcabc"

Now, check SMF's settings, in the file tmaforum/Settings.php
$db_name = 'smf_database';
$db_user = 'smf_user';
$db_passwd = 'smf_user_password';

The same way, SMF will connect to the database "smf_database" with the user "smf_user".

When the converter runs, all it is able to use are SMF's credentials. But it needs to access both databases...
This means that the converter will connect to the database "xyzxyz" with the user "smf_user".

That error tells you that the user "smf_user" is not allowed to access the database "xyzxyz" (where phpBB data is).

You either:
- go to your cPanel --> Databases and add the user "smf_user" to the database "xyzxyz", or
- install SMF in the "xyzxyz" database with the same credentials user by phpBB
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

RFD

thanx for your  help, got it all squared away and was able to kick off the conversion, which never fully completed and hung up with this error message  ....

viewing the SMF conversion results show none of the forums have posts past 2012 (should have all years up to today) ...

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

RFD

margarett

Check your phpBB database, table "prefix_posts". There should be a column "post_edit_count"
Click on the column name, it should order the table through it. Is there any NULL value?

RFD

Quote from: margarett on June 27, 2016, 07:00:26 PM
Check your phpBB database, table "prefix_posts". There should be a column "post_edit_count"
Click on the column name, it should order the table through it. Is there any NULL value?

margarett

That's structure view, we need the table contents ;)

RFD

Quote from: margarett on June 27, 2016, 07:34:17 PM
That's structure view, we need the table contents ;)

sorry, mysql data base dumb, have no clue what yer asking for.  you want access to the db?

margarett

Yes, if you don't mind, please PM me access to your cPanel. But I'm going to bed now so only tomorrow

RFD

Quote from: margarett on June 27, 2016, 07:54:36 PM
Yes, if you don't mind, please PM me access to your cPanel. But I'm going to bed now so only tomorrow

roger that, very much obliged.  will pm now and hit the hay as well.  talk tomorrow.

RFD

bruno (margarett) - trying to contact you vis a vis the conversion ... ?

vbgamer45

Saw this same issue on another conversion lately for phpbb3. been looking for a fix
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

RFD

margarett (bruno) solved it by modifying the phpbb-smf conversion code.  unfortunately, at this point only he has that fix ....

RFD

problem solved with bruno's convert code (PHPBB3 to SMF2)

Advertisement: