News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Facebook Like Locker for SMF?

Started by RedPanda2013, July 06, 2016, 09:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPanda2013

Hi guys

my forum content is great and the number of members and visitors increases each month, however they are extremely lazy and never boost my social pages so I was thinking that it would be nice to force them a bit.

Is there anything like these things that can be used with SMF?

http://designscrazed.org/wordpress-social-content-locker-plugins/

Thank you

Kindred

nope...   no one has done any of that (*thank gods - I, personally, find that sort of forced activityrepulsive)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

RedPanda2013

OK well, do you at least know how can I remove this mod?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3559

I looked everywhere but I cannot find anything under miscellaneous....maybe some update removed it :(

Kindred

you want to remove the "Add Facebook Like, Tweet, and Google +1" mod?

just go to the package manager and click uninstall
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

RedPanda2013

there isn't...I think now I remember what happened:

first I installed it, then not sure why but I installed it again so I got double icons under each post, so I went back to uninstall it and it went back to single icons but packet is not longer in the list so I cannot remove it :(

Kindred

you must have deleted the mod form the list without uninstalling it...  Try manually uploading the mod package/archive to the server in the Packages directory using FTP
Слaва
Украинi

RedPanda2013

Quote from: Kindred on July 06, 2016, 12:27:42 PM
you must have deleted the mod form the list without uninstalling it...  Try manually uploading the mod package/archive to the server in the Packages directory using FTP

OK, I will try that right now, thanks!

RedPanda2013

I uploaded through FTP but nothing has changed in miscellaneous :(

RedPanda2013

and in the package manager it says that it is not installed yet but believe me: I still have Facebook Like, Twitter Tweet, and Google +1 in each first post.

So if install it, I will get twice that, that is double icons...so there is a bug because if you install the mod more than once, when you uninstall it, it will only uninstall one.

RedPanda2013

RedPanda2013

then again...like I said, if I uninstall it, it still leave me those damn things! :(

Sorry the forum is in Italian but I think you understand the issue.

Shambles

Probably easier to just edit a few lines out of Display.template.php and ManageSettings.php (ie, the lines added by the mod)

RedPanda2013

Quote from: Shambles on July 06, 2016, 12:58:29 PM
Probably easier to just edit a few lines out of Display.template.php and ManageSettings.php (ie, the lines added by the mod)

okay...could you please tell me where those 2 files are and if Notepad++ will be OK to use?

Thank you

Shambles

Display.template.php is in your themes directory and ManageSettings.php is in your Sources directory.

NP++ will be fine

RedPanda2013

thank you...which one should I edit between these 2?

Shambles

The one I named (ie, the one without the tilda suffix - that's just a backup file)

RedPanda2013

Quote from: Shambles on July 06, 2016, 01:06:50 PM
The one I named (ie, the one without the tilda suffix - that's just a backup file)

Right, that's what I though...however I don't think I can do this.

I opened the 2 files in notepad++ e there are thousands of lines...I have no idea what to do :(

I can attach the files here if anyone can help that would be great.

Shambles

Well, the expected strings weren't present in your ManageSettings.php file, but find attached your original template file with the code removed.

RedPanda2013

Quote from: Shambles on July 06, 2016, 01:24:00 PM
Well, the expected strings weren't present in your ManageSettings.php file, but find attached your original template file with the code removed.

Thank you, I will try it right now!

RedPanda2013

Advertisement: