How can i make MY SMF responsive in all the devices?

Started by ashwani019, July 17, 2016, 02:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashwani019

I am new to SMF and just installed the forum but it is not responsive in my mobile and tablet.

Is there any MOD to get it done?

ashwani019

Ohk Thanks.

But may i know why this forum itself is not responsive even MOD is available.

Illori

due to how this forum is put together long with the site we have elected not to install the mod.

oOo--STAR--oOo

He does have a point, it is 2016! Everything is now mobile!
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

Matthew K.

We all know that SMF is getting behind in terms of how modern it is. In both functionality / UI / UX, and code under the hood.

faliro

Just tried this mod, came back with a dictionary of errors.

Illori

then you should post in the mods support topic for further assistance.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

It is pointless to consider being mobile compatible with the current stable release, but I urge all of you to be patient... the new 2.1 version of SMF is addressing that issue quite nicely and it would behoove any current site owners to set up a testing site utilizing 2.1 and keep tabs on when they get it out beta testing, it shouldn't be much longer things are progressing nicely...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

br360

I don't think it's pointless to consider mobile compatibility in 2.0x personally. Besides the responsive mod, there are a ton of awesome fully responsive/mobile friendly themes out there for the 2.0 versions.

Besides the free themes here on the themes site, there are some awesome themes available on smftricks (paid of course, but still mobile friendly and very modern looking)

Quote from: br360 on April 04, 2017, 07:47:58 PM
I don't think it's pointless to consider mobile compatibility in 2.0x personally. Besides the responsive mod, there are a ton of awesome fully responsive/mobile friendly themes out there for the 2.0 versions.

Besides the free themes here on the themes site, there are some awesome themes available on smftricks (paid of course, but still mobile friendly and very modern looking)

Okay you make a good point, but as far as the core platform as it stands today, my point is its not gonna happen with this version out of the box, with 2.1 it will...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Kindred

Well, there is the official responsive curve mod....   it's not quite "out of the box", but it is an official mod, supported by the team.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Quote from: Kindred on April 04, 2017, 10:13:03 PM
Well, there is the official responsive curve mod....   it's not quite "out of the box", but it is an official mod, supported by the team.

to be honest, first i've heard of it, will give it a shot, sure would boost traffic
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

lurkalot

Quote from: Bob Perry on April 04, 2017, 11:19:41 PM

to be honest, first i've heard of it, will give it a shot, sure would boost traffic

Bob, It's been around since April 2015. ;)  Just curious, are you now using the curve responsive mod on your website site, the one in your signature?

Quote from: lurkalot on April 14, 2017, 06:38:30 AM
Quote from: Bob Perry on April 04, 2017, 11:19:41 PM

Bob, It's been around since April 2015. ;)  Just curious, are you now using the curve responsive mod on your website site, the one in your signature?

yes, not sure its working but yea its installed
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

lurkalot

Quote from: Bob Perry on April 14, 2017, 07:09:05 AM

yes, not sure its working but yea its installed

Yep, I see it's working.  Must be the mod you're using for the videos that's playing up, or it's not able to display them responsive, it adds scrollbars to the bottom of those articles.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, I'd best not hijack this topic any further.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

faliro

Looks good Steve ^

Do we know when 2.1 is released?

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Advertisement: