News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Maintenance Mode in in effect but i have more users than ever

Started by aegersz, February 07, 2018, 03:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

is that right ?

i want to shutdown my site without stopping http.

how can i force everybody off ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Illori

they would only be seeing the log in screen, they cannot see the "inside" of the forum.

aegersz

but SP is reporting 92 guests and 2 users.

the "who" command reports it also.

i have stopped httpd as i feel like my site is a failure so it's academic.

but thanks.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Kindred

yup... people who have their "always stay logged in" may show up as "online" when they hit the site ---   but they see the maintenance screen, just like everyone else.

remember, the who's online report only really shows what URL they are TRYING to hit...  it's not actually an accurate way to measure what people are actually doing... only what they might be trying to do.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

I see, right, thanks for that.

I brought my site back online after my meltdown ... my site isn't very popular so sometimes i lose my cool so i shut it down this time.

all good, i still have just under 3 years for it to run.

thanks for your explanation - it was confusing me.

Advertisement: