News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Useful Stylish and Greasemonkey Scripts.

Started by Chas Large, December 02, 2011, 11:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chas Large

I use the Stylish and Greasemonkey Add-Ons for FireFox (other browsers are available) to add some personalisation to my web pages including SMF. It saves me having to code specific modifications to SMF just to get the appearance and functionality I want. I also use Stylish to test out possible changes to themes I develop before committing to a recoding.

I'd like to share these with you and hopefully you'll reciprocate with your own scripts that are SMF specific.

The first one is called Custom Poster Display Settings. This was developed for some members of my forum who just wanted the poster name to appear next to posts and nothing else. They can of course switch off the display of Avatars in their profile settings but this script removes all the other stuff.

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("www.forumname.xxx") {

.postgroup {display:none !important;}

.stars {display:none !important;}

.postcount {display:none !important;}

.gender {display:none !important;}

.im_icons {display:none !important;}

/* .smiley {display:none !important;} */

.poster li.profile {display:none !important;}

.poster li.blurb {display:none !important;}

.poster li.membergroup {display:none !important;}

.poster li.title {display:none !important;}

Attached are typical before and after screen grabs of the poster info area.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Chas Large

Here's another Stylish script to remove the Unread Posts column on the Forum Board Index.

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("www.forumname.xxx") {

.lastpost {display: none !important;}

.unreadlink {display: none !important;}

Again, Before and After screen shots attached.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Advertisement: